Back from my appt, surgery scheduled.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from my appt, surgery scheduled.... Back from my appt, surgery scheduled....

Unread 08-14-2002, 03:39 PM
Back from my appt, surgery scheduled....

Well, it was a very good appt , I love my dr he is the best! He had called me last week with my path results which was stage 1A cervical cancer, but I had pre-warned him I would have a ton of questions for him during this appt. He laughed and said "well of course you will". Anyway, he checked my cervix from the cone biopsy, I guess everything is healing as it should then we moved on to my questions. My dh was with me and had questions of his own. When it was all said and done my dr had spent almost 45 mins with me. I thought that was amazing and wonderful.

My surgery is scheduled for Sept 16th. Now the waiting begins.

Thanks for all the well wishes and positive thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2002, 04:17 PM

Oops, my surgery is actually Sept 17th
Unread 08-14-2002, 04:38 PM

Hi, Laurie!

I'm glad to hear that your doctor's appt went well. It's always nice to have a doc who understands that you might need more than your scheduled 15 minutes and doesn't begrudge giving it to you. My doc is also wonderful that way, and it has made this entire process so much easier.

I'm also glad that DH went with you. So, what will your surgery be? TAH? TVH? Will you be keeping your ovaries? Or is all of that still to be determined?

I'm sure that Sept 17th sounds very far away right now, but take the opportunity to get lots of rest and to eat well so that you are physically ready for your surgery. We want you to recover quickly and easily! Take care of yourself, and let us hear from you often. The waiting can be nerve-wracking and we are more than happy to help keep you distracted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2002, 04:49 PM
Best Wishes for 9/17

Here's a and a er that all goes well and those cancer cells are total history!
Unread 08-14-2002, 05:56 PM

Thanks Jenine for reminding me that I left all the info out! I think I will be having a TAH, we are taking out the cervix and uterus, we are leaving my ovaries. (I hope they keep working fine long after this is over, my Dr. explained that sometimes they can "shut down" if they don't get enough blood flow, but hopefully that won't happen. I'm 37 and hope to get many more years of hormones out of those puppies

He will send the cervix and uterus for pathology. (fingers crossed) I am relieved to have the surgery date but now there is a several week wait and a lot of time for anxiety to set in.

I know I'll feel much better when I know the cancer is gone and I'm gonna be ok.

God Bless
Unread 08-14-2002, 06:52 PM

Hi,

You must be relieved. With stage 1A your cure rate from the hysterectomy is 99%. If you have a choice between a TVH or TAH go with the TVH. The recovery is much easier. Good Luck with the decision making.
Unread 08-14-2002, 07:07 PM

My Dr. wants to do the surgery abdominaly because I have had 2 c-sections and he's concerned about adhesions between the uterus and bladder that might make a TVH more risky.
Unread 08-14-2002, 07:13 PM

s Laurie

Sounds like a good plan to me!!! Now you have lots of time to prepare. Make sure you check out the different forums on hystersisters so that you are well prepared. And we'll be here for you on those anxious as you wait days.

karenann
Unread 08-15-2002, 07:21 AM
Good news

snoop,
Good news about your cancer - early is curable.

I made my appointment for the surgery a month prior. Needless to say, nerves really got me. :hair: Of course, the surgery and cancer was all I wanted to talk about, but my friends' eyes were rolling up to the back of the heads!!

It really helped to access Hystersisters. I even took the last three days off from work prior to surgery. Foggy brain was a big time problem and I was spending most of my time at this site.

Email often. I was told waiting is the hardest part. It is. We'll be here for you. Actually, Sept 17 is the day I sould be released to go back to work.

Laura
Unread 08-15-2002, 05:04 PM

Hi Dare to,
I am glad you came through your surgery okay. I think I have the same type of cancer as you. I have questions about the surgery as I am getting different recommendations from different doctors: cervix stays, cervix goes...
If you are willing to answer my questions, feel free to email.
Thanks!

Judy
[email protected]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register