Premenopausal endometrial cancer - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Premenopausal endometrial cancer Premenopausal endometrial cancer

Unread 08-26-2002, 04:52 PM
Premenopausal endometrial cancer

Hi Susan,
I agree with you. Why take the risk. A nurse practitioner told me there are 5 kinds of estrogens our bodies make. We don't know if chemists have found the exact estrogen our bodies make.

Also, my husband's deceased first wife took HRT for 7 years. They kept telling her it was safe even though her mother had died from uterine cancer. She got uterine cancer as well. The oncologist said to her that she never should have been allowed to take estrogen.

How wonderful that you do not have mood swings or depression. That is my number one fear! thank you for telling me that.

I suffer from insomia too. I go into another bedroom and watch Dumb and Dumber or some comedy and read. That relaxes me.

Take care.
Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2002, 08:47 PM

Judy
My ONC/GYN is really pushing the ERT. He said there is no reason with a stage 1 uterine cancer that I shouldn't be on it. He wouldn't even discuss the herbal supplements that can ease the menopause symptoms....I told him so far I was doing fine without it....He said Oh I know you will be back for it. (His attitude is one reason I may go to my regular GYN for follow ups) On the other hand my gyn of 20 years said she would prefer I wait 2 years from surgery to use ERT and only if I need it. She suggested Black Cohosh, Vitamins and a couple of supplements. Her reasoning was that on the almost zero chance that one little cell escaped somehow during surgery that the estrogen would be the only thing that would feed it and cause it to grow somewhere, but if I waited 2 years my body dispel any cell on its own. I am also concerned about the other things that ERT can do, but am also worried about bone loss, heart problems, aging....etc....without ERT. Chris
Unread 08-27-2002, 08:29 AM

chris and susan:

thanks so much for your posts! i couldn't get to the computer till today.

chris, in answer to you, there was no stage in the path report. it said in situ (i was told by the gyn that this is just beginning, but they don't know if there's more in the lining or what until they do the surgery). i haven't had any other tests, but i will DEFINITELY get a colonoscopy after all the hyster stuff is done. i have been "watching" some strange growths for like 10 yrs., however. my right ovary was removed 12 yrs. ago and then 2 yrs. later these weird growths popped up around that area. at that time i had a fine needle aspiration and nothing was malignant. still... i'm worried that maybe that's something and has spread to the uterus - my gyn says no.

my surgeon is going to try a vaginal hyster and get lymph node samples thru laparoscopy. of course, they may end up doing everything abdominally depending what they find.

susan - i was somewhat relieved to hear that you had bleeding problems for 5 yrs. yep... the "peri menopause" thing kept me from rushing around looking for surgeons. i was told this was "normal" especially since i had a fibroid. 2 yrs with this hell - on hindsight, why o why did i take it! i am so hopeful that one, the cancer hasn't spread and surgery will take care of it and two, my pain and problems will be over once and for all!

on the HRT subject - my gyn says NO HRT!!! no way, no how. she said maybe after like 5 yrs. her reason was regarding the lingering cell theory, like Chris' gyn said. i have absolutely no idea what i'm going to do about it. i'm looking for a naturalist doctor or guru to help me. i'm a hormonal mess now, so i can just imagine after surgery! my husband, who is really a wonderful person, set me off last night though. in his typical male way says that i should not use lack of hormones as an excuse for yelling, screaming and and general b#@*hy behavior - just to try and be calm and work through it!!!!!! he's right, of course, but it made me fume because a man said that! i told him i'd like to see how he would act if his testicles and prostrate and tubes were all removed - i wonder how the lack of these hormones would affect him? he kept quiet after that.

i printed someone's herbal list from this site of what their dr. told them to take, but there are no amounts listed. after my surgery, i'm going to find this guru and then i'll post, for all to see, the exact amounts and what to take for everything - so we can feel good and, most important of all, look good (just kidding)!

thanks again for your answers! you'll be seeing me on here often (well... as often as i can - my son seems to be the gate keeper where the computer is concerned. i can't even make him feel sorry for me and let me on, which i've tried!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register