how was your TAH recovery given the cancer dx? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how was your TAH recovery given the cancer dx? how was your TAH recovery given the cancer dx?

Unread 08-19-2002, 03:12 PM
how was your TAH recovery given the cancer dx?

Judy, I am being very careful not to overdo it....I also read about adhessions....I have been such a couch potato, with what i felt was the couch police making sure I rested and didn't do anything I wasn't suppose to do.....the kids would say "mom, your off the couch, what are you doing???? My dh would get a full report from the kids when he got home....hah! My kids went back to school today so my guards werent here, but I was good and took a nice nap after I got home. My staff at work is also very protective and only "allowed" me to stay for a couple hours.
I am going to ask for more details concerning ert, follow ups, get copies of my surgical and path reports at my post op visit on Wed.
Have your docs said anything about ert?

Dare to DC, What a wonderful trip for you and your DD. Ireland is my dream destination....I would love to see where my relatives come from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2002, 04:55 PM

Chris5 My gyn and the gyn/onc docs said ert was OK. Given how I was feeling I went ahead and started on Premarin .625mg per day. Still feel a little "flashy" - running a little hot throughout the day, sleep is OK but not great. There are two recent studies in the literature that show ert had no impact on recurrence or mortality in stage 1 endo CA which is what my docs told me. Previous thinking was that it did, so there is the delimma. It is a tough decision, one which I will revisit after I am feeling better - right now I could only fight so many battles. I had 2 major abd surgeries 6 days apart (one 3 hr laproscope for endo ablation and histeroscope/D & C and bx's) which to our surprise showed CA, then back to the castle 6 days later for removal of the works. That is why I'm thinking my recovery is going soooo slow. So you probably don't have this extra stuff going on and you can make a clearer decision on ert. Let me know what you decide. Judymk
Unread 08-20-2002, 02:23 PM

Judy
One of my friends is taking Premarin .0625 and was still flashing. I told her about Black Cohosh and she added that to the mix. She said her flashing is almost completely gone and the ones she does get are almost nothing. My GYN said that she has found it to help reduce flashing by about 60%. Maybe you could ask about this at your Thurs appt.
I am sure my sugeon/onc will talk to me about ert on Wed. He was pro ert in our pre surgical visit as long as the surgical path came back stage 1. I am worried about weight gain...I really am enjoying these 15 lbs that I have lost....everything fits nicely now and I only have 10 more lbs to go until I reach what I would like to weigh.
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2002, 11:24 AM

Hi Chris, thanks for the info. I''m off to the health food store this afternoon after my appt for some black cohosh. Hopefully it will help, I've been flasing in the night and it's killing my sleep. Take care, Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register