ovaries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-20-2002, 12:52 PM
ovaries

I want to keep my ovaries. I have stage 1 uterine cancer. Any one else been there - done that and have some advice. djy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2002, 02:02 PM
ovaries

I am not sure about uterine but I had Stage 1 cervical and was able to keep my ovaries.
Unread 08-20-2002, 03:56 PM
ovaries

HI,

I ALSO HAD ENDOMETRIAL CANCER/UTERINE, AND MY ONOC/GYNE
TOLD ME TO GET RID OF IT ALL. WHY RISK HAVING TO GO BACK FOR SOMETHING ELSE LATER ON??
HOPE YOU HAVE TALKED THIS OVER WITH YOUR DOCTOR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2002, 05:40 PM
ovaries

hug:s djy

Welcome to HysterSister's Cancer Concerns!!! Sorry to hear about your cancer, but you have just found the best site for info, hugs, and support. I had ovarian cancer, so everything came out. Shortly you will be getting many answers on the pros and cons of such a decision. Are you seeing a gyn oncologist? What was their recommendation?
Best wishes. Keep in touch.

karenann
Unread 08-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Kept ovaries

Hi,

I had a hyst for stubborn cervical dysplasia on March 11, 2002 and kept my ovaries. I was glad I did...no serious weight gain, no mood swings or night sweats...but the doc found an ovarian cyst during the surgery. I have had them before and they go away on their own...but this one did not go away.

I had a CA125 test to check for cancer antigens in my blood. An average test scores under 35. My results came back 124 and I may be facing more surgery and possibly ovarian cancer.

It is something to think about. If I was you I would request a CA125 test before the surgery. The tests are less than 80% accurate, but at least a guage. If my next CA125 test comes back normal... I want to keep my ovaries! And I am late 40s not yet in menopause.

Good luck. This is a great web sight. The ladies in here are wonderful.
Unread 08-20-2002, 08:30 PM
ovaries

s Linda

I just read your post and I am a bit concerned. You had your hyster in March and that is when the cyst was spotted. Have you just had the one ca125 reading since that time? Are you getting a retest in the near future? Make sure your doc stays on top of this. Ovarian cancer is often fast growing.
Are you seeing a gyn oncologist? Best wishes and keep in touch.

karenann
Unread 08-21-2002, 01:11 AM
ovaries

Of course my surgeon wants to take eveything out. She did say that Stage 1 endo was not really cancer but atypical precancerous cells. She also said Stage 1 is confined to uterus and only Stage 3 would be out side of the uterus. She also said that I still could get ovarian cancer if they took the ovaries. I am concerned about HRT as my primary doctor doesn't believe in using them and I feel I would not get any support for any problems I was experiencing. I also have already tried HRT once before and had lots of problems with no physican support. Basically they said deal with it. Also the surgeon will not be giving me any at the time of recovery and I have been a woman since I was 9 years old. djy
Unread 08-21-2002, 07:00 AM
ovaries

Hi,

Again, I had cervical cancer but my oncologist told me that there was no relationship between cervical and ovarian cancer. I know with early stage cervical they do not normally take the ovaries. I do not know if this is the case with uterine. Why don't you get another opionion or two from gyn oncologists?
Unread 08-22-2002, 03:14 PM
ovaries

Talked with surgeon today and she said that keeping ovaries is not a option with Stage 1 uterine cancer. I understand and can accept her dignosis. djy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register