On the road again... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

On the road again... On the road again...

Unread 08-21-2002, 05:43 AM
On the road again...

Hi Ladies,

's to all my hystersisters. It's been a while since I have posted, but here I am again...ON THE ROAD AGAIN.

Some of you may remember me, but for those of you who don't, here's a quick rundown...

On Sept 4, 2002 I will be one year Post Hyster. I ended up with a Vesicovaginal Fistula (hole in my bladder). I had two surgeries to repair them, Oct and Dec of 2001.

Sorry to be graphic but when I pass gas, I feel it "bubble" through the vaginal area and it feels "wet". I called my doc's office to tell them something is going on, they suggested "THE TEST" again. THE TEST is taking pyridium (the pill that turns your pee pee orange), sticking a tampon up there (OUCH by the way!!!) and then peeing. Well, the tampon came out orange on the top indicating there is a leak somewhere...again. I have yet to call the doc's office back to tell them the results of THE TEST. I will be going to his office here in a few hours, in person to tell him what is going on. I DON'T WANT TO END UP WEARING A FOLEY CATHETER AGAIN. I had to wear one last year for 8 weeks and 6 days. I dread it.

BTW, back in April I was told I had the beginning of a rectocele. Now I'm wondering if this new leaking is the cause of the rectocele or vice versa. ARGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! I am just so frustrated. And to top it off, I also have a post in the Aching Hearts forum entitled "I have no purpose in life". My life is sucking big time right now.

Sisters, I'm just asking for your shoulder to lean on. I'm so sorry that I'm being selfish asking this of you, but I am really at the end of my rope. I don't know how some of you do it...like KimM, Gidge, Adrite, Judester, Miss Emma, and all of you who have been on this road for sooooooooooooo long. Major 's to you all and to everyone else.

Well, time to give your eyes a break from reading this long post . I will let you know what the doc says later on. Oh, BTW, I still am not working so I have no insurance...no income whatsoever so I don't know how I'm gonna get this done. Guess I will have to go through the County...again. This is another story in itself and I won't bore ya with it.

Take care SYSTERS and here's hoping we get off this road once and for all.

Darlene

*you can read my previous posts by doing a search on my name TRCKRSWIF. *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2002, 06:05 AM
On the road again...

Please don't ever feel that you're being selfish for coming here to post about your troubles. That's what this forum is for.

I'll be interested in hearing what your dr. has to say about this after your visit. Just know that there are so many caring ladies here, and sometimes a hug is just what you need to get you through a challenging day.

Unread 08-21-2002, 06:33 AM
On the road again...

{{{Darlene}}}}
I'm sorry that you're having troubles again Please don't ever hesitate to post here. We're all here to support each other. In fact, it is this forum and the friends that I have made here that keep me going. Just take it one day at a time Darlene.

Let us know what the doc says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2002, 02:50 PM
On the road again...

((Darlene)),
I'm so sorry you are experencing problems again Like the others said, we are here to support each other We all have issues and no one seems to understand like our Sisters! Vent here anytime and please know you do have a purpose in life, it might not be clear at this moment in time but someday you will know. Please let us know what your Dr says regarding your test....
Unread 08-21-2002, 03:37 PM
On the road again...

Darlene,

I remember you very well...I am so very sorry you find yourself on this road again As the other sisters have said...this is 'the' place to come. We are here to support eachother and we have big shoulders!

Please let us know what your doc has to say....and come here often for 'S and
Unread 08-21-2002, 03:54 PM
On the road again...

Darlene, sending big 's your way sister!! Sorry to hear you're having troubles again....you know I did that test and mine showed orange on it too.....and i told my gyn (this was ages ago and she just shrugged??).....did they say for sure this means a leak? Oy like I need that too!!!

Please let us know what happens at your appointment and never feel bad about coming here and asking for help that's what it's all about!!!
Unread 08-21-2002, 07:58 PM
A quick update

Ladies,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the support and concern.

I did not go into the doc's office, but called instead and spoke with his nurse. Told her the test came out "positive". She said she would talk to the doc and call me back. It was several hours later and she called back to tell me that the doc wants to do a cystoscope. YIKES!!! I remember the first one I had and it wasn't all that pleasant, but at least we will see what's going on. I am scheduled for Sept 3, but may go in sooner if there is a cancellation. I am very grateful that this hole is not causing any undue stress with me. It's hardly noticeable, but there nonetheless. So until my appointment, I will keep my fingers crossed that I will not have to undergo another surgery. Don't know that I (my mind, body and sanity) can go through another one.

So ladies and 's again. Thanks for being here and I hope everyone is at least feeling better and getting better.

And Gidge, as far as I know about the test is that it definately says yes to a hole. Are you still having leaking problems? I have read many of your posts and so feel for ya. I hope that the Intergel works for ya.

Goodnight for now ladies. I will keep ya posted.

Darlene
Unread 08-21-2002, 08:00 PM
On the road again...

((((Darlene)))))) I'm so sorry that you're still having problems

BTW, don't you dare feel selfish about coming here for help and s. That's what sisters are for

BTW, I had my hyst to remove a very large fibroid and to repair a rectocele. In my case, there was no leaking into the vagina. However, my rectum was bulging at the entrance of my vagina.

I hope that your doctor has some answers for you
Unread 08-22-2002, 06:00 PM
Good Luck with your test ((((Darlene))))

And please do keep us posted. I know for me...it really helps to talk about what's going on with all the tests/dr's. We're here to support each other. We understand, and we truly care.

Sending you many S and a
Unread 08-23-2002, 04:47 AM
On the road again...

Good luck with your test Darlene I hope everything comes out A-okay. We'll be saying some ers.

Do keep us posted on how you're doing. The is always open.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register