Info on Your best place to post your "Castle Story" and here's why! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Info on Your best place to post your "Castle Story" and here's why! Info on Your best place to post your "Castle Story" and here's why!

Unread 08-23-2002, 04:14 PM
Here it is! Your best place to post your "Castle Story" and here's why!

Dear Ladies,
Please help us as we keep your "Castle Stories" on the forum we created just for this reason.

Why do we need your help posting your story in the special forum? This is the place we use to find the best of the "castle Stories" to select for use on the pull down menus on the main page of the site.

Add to that...they are wonderful stories and get lost in the middle of pre-op questions.

Add to that....when new members join us, they are looking for stories to read that are like "them".

I invite each of you to post your Story on the forum called:

Tell Your Hyst-Story (Find this special forum on the main message board page)

and here is the link to that forum:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...?s=&forumid=11

Here's what you do to post your story.

1. Make up a catchy title for your story

2. In the title, make sure the kind of hyst is explained (TAH, TVH, LAVH, etc)

3. Make it as long as you'd like!

4. Replies not allowed.

Thanks sooo much for helping me with this! May your stories live on for other members to read and be encouraged, educated and inspired!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Info on Your best place to post your "Castle Story" and here's why!

Hi Im new here . Whats a castle story ? mei
Unread 02-15-2004, 09:13 PM

Hi mei

A Castle Story is the story of your stay in the hospital - here's a link to that forum, where you can read about other women's surgery experiences:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...?s=&forumid=11

Be sure to scroll down to get to the stories. I look forward to seeing your there when you get a chance to write it.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 11:04 PM

I posted two . One was an article I wrote for the SG ediction of Todays Parents regarding my endo problem. the other yet to be published is about my hysterectomy .Im still waiting for a reply from the editor .

The magazine doesnt mind as long as I credit them for the piblication..

mei
Unread 07-04-2004, 05:18 PM

I love the Hyste Sisters site, but I never realized the "princess stories" link was for specific stories about the surgery, so I researched, numerous times, very carefully, the pre and post op forums to see what I could find about laproscopic procedures and found surprising little. As it turned out I found out lots about how scared women were pre op, and what problems they had post op, but rarely heard any uneventful procedures. I ended more nervous by what I read!

I would love to announce to the world how incredibly easy and painfree my laproscopic supracervical hysterectomy was. I never even came near the castle. Where should I post for maximum exposure? Perhaps you should advertise the princess success stories more cleary.

Karen
Unread 07-09-2004, 09:55 PM

I first posted this thread in August of 2002 explaining where to put Princess Stories as a way to help the members know where to post about their surgery experiences. Its been here, stickied to the top of this forum since then....

And when someone posts their princess stories elsewhere, we move them to that forum.

Why? As I stated above, its the best place to put them so they don't get buried in the day to day 4- 7 pages of posts on post op or pre-op forum. Its my way of organizing the stories of our members in one place so that others will find it easy to browse through.

The Hyster Sister Site does have many features that most members never discover. It isn't because we don't try to advertise them...its because most members don't spend the time to look through the menus, look at the features to find out about the other cool things there are here on this site.

As for your LSH, this is a wonderful story. THere are many women who enjoy having a painfree surgery whether from LSH, vaginal or TAH. But just know that although you have had a great experience with your LSH, we have had members who haven't had as good of experiences as you have with the same procedure....complications may with surgeries...no matter what kind. Its a sad fact that we have learned from being online almost 6 years. Its why we don't advocate one particular kind of hysterectomy....none are fool proof because we live in a world where accidents happen, complications are rare but do happen.

I'm sending hugs and asking that you put your wonderful princess story in the forum for the stories. It will be there for other members to read and learn from.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register