Followup to Drug Problem | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Followup to Drug Problem Followup to Drug Problem

Unread 08-23-2002, 05:14 PM
Followup to Drug Problem

I finally got through to "customer service" at the HMO and by then was so mad at no reply all day yesterday from doctor or nurse that I reamed them out royally. They referred me to the psych department administrator, and when I got her on the line...let's just say she probably hung up the phone and went to the nearest bar for a good stiff belt. Bottom line--I fired that doctor; two nurses have probably had a good lecture on being polite and listening and returning calls; the HMO is finding me a NEW doctor at that location for a followup appointment AT THE SAME TIME OR AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE as the other one and knows that 1) I may choose to cancel the appointment and 2) I will likely not permit him to prescribe any thing stronger than tylenol and 3) the HMO president got an e-mail from me as well. I said in there that at this point the social worker, who is an exceptional person and whom I think highly of, may also lose a client because she referred me to this idiot and I no longer want to deal with the whole group. I see her Thursday (chemo after effects permitting) and may tell her that I am leaving because of the rest of the staff and the poor way in which they do business/patient followup. I think the doctor will also be having a couple stiff drinks tonight, since I added I found his attitude very patronizing and I thought he was going to pat me on the head and say I was a "good girl." Oh--and I went to the site for the drug I was prescribed and it listed a couple side effects and minimized those--and boy, did they get one e-mail from me! As you can tell, I'm still mad--and that 3/8 Irish I am is showing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2002, 06:06 PM
Followup to Drug Problem

Good for you ((((Margaret)))))
Give em all hell!!!!!!! What a bloody sin the stuff you are going through and having to deal with.
I don't know a lot about the US medical system and dealing with the HMO's and stuff....but I can tell you your attitude is very much like mine would be in that situation. I have read so many stories of things with the insurance compaines on this site, and I thank God everyday I am in Canada. Its so different here in that we never deal with anyone but the doctors and if we don't like them, we get another referral from the family doctor, and try that one. I just can't imagine dealing with the HMO's and having to get approval for things.
I certainly hope your letters and emails make a difference and that they get the message. You are speaking for many many people I am sure. Try to take it easy over the weekend, and I hope next week is a much better week for you!!
Hugs and Kudo's dear lady!!
M. xoxoxox
Unread 08-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Followup to Drug Problem

I'm glad you gave them what for! I was just reading your other thread and the steam was coming out of my ears. Appalling!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register