I need HUGS! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-23-2002, 11:50 PM
I need HUGS!

Hi everyone. I am fairly new to the site and have only posted once. I need some HUGS from you guys - women that understand what we are all going through. I am scheduled for a tah/with both ovaries to be removed on September 10 (endo with severe adhesions). I was doing ok getting myself prepared mentally and emotionally for the surgery, but now I am facing another challenge. My mother has just been diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer that has spread to her lymph nodes! Of course I am extremely upset about my mom as, you can imagine. This new news has now almost put me over the edge. When I had my lap four months ago, my doc did many biopsies and they all came back negative for cancer (yeah!), as well as gave me a CA125 test (also negative). I feel pretty confident that I do not have cancer, but I am even more scared of the surgery now than before. I need to just hang in there, but I need some support....DH is great but just doesn't understand like you guys do.
Thanks for letting me get it all out....I feel better already.

Loo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2002, 12:01 AM
I need HUGS!

Hi Loo!

I'm so sorry your mom had this news just when you're preparing to have your surgery. That's not good news to get any time, but why now? I have to think maybe it's a sign to you, in a way. Maybe it's to reassure you that you're making the right decision about having your surgery. Maybe in a way your mom is giving you a gift of putting you at ease with your decision. Now you can relax and know you're following the right path... and focus on giving your mom the reassurance she needs now too.

Here are some more for both of you.
-Linda
Unread 08-24-2002, 12:15 AM
I need HUGS!

Thank you so much for the wise words and hugs. I never really thought about the timing involved. It puts things in a little different light and reminds me that often things happen for a reason. This is very reassuring......maybe I can now try to get some sleep! Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2002, 12:52 AM
I need HUGS!

Hi Loo,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but I do agree with Linda that maybe this is some reassurance for you. Give your mom what you can right now - the more we give to others, the smaller our problems seem.

Keep posting and before you know it 9/10 will be here!!!

Better and better...

Gillian
Unread 08-24-2002, 12:59 AM
More Hugs!

Hi, Loo! It's too bad you have to deal with so many different emotions at once, but as Linda said, maybe it will reassure you that your hyst can prevent all the problems your mom is going through. I hope you can give some support to your mom, and also that your family and friends can give you the support you need for your own surgery. You need to be pampered, too, so accept any help that is offered. If you wish, you can ask for prayers for your mom and yourself in the Prayer forum. The ladies there are very comforting and supportive. Many s and prayers!
Ruthie
Unread 08-24-2002, 06:41 AM
I need HUGS!

I am so sorry you have so much to go through right now. I am certain that you are getting rid of your ovaries will comfort your mother, as well as yourself, knowing that you will not have to face this risk in the future. Ovarian cancer is very rare, but when faced with it in a family member or close friend, that risk becomes all to real.

I hope this surgery takes care of all of your physical problems and lets you move on to help support your mom.

s

Caren
Unread 08-24-2002, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the hugs!!!!

Thanks Princesses for all of your support! Through all of this, I am learning to ask for help/support. I have found that I am always there if others need support, but do not always request it for myself .

I am going to concentrate on taking things day by day and ask for hugs more often!

Thanks again everyone!

Loo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register