Would You Believe--HMO Problems AGAIN! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Would You Believe--HMO Problems AGAIN! Would You Believe--HMO Problems AGAIN!

Unread 08-25-2002, 12:09 PM
Would You Believe--HMO Problems AGAIN!

I went in today to get the Zofran filled so I would not have to stop afterwards tomorrow and not have the problems I had last time when the pharmacy in the nearby clinic only had 4 mg tablets and doctor ordered 8 mg. That resulted in calls, having to pick up a second small batch, two copays... Now the protocol is four days of Zofran, two tablets per day, eight tablets, two each days 2, 3, 4, 5. Well, the HMO doesn't pay for that many. They have permitted me to have a three-day supply. Last time I needed the four days. So... Yes, I called their 800# and left a message AGAIN with ANOTHER complaint and said they had to call by 11:30 tomorrow when I leave because they are not allowing me standard protocol on the medication and if they look back in their records in 2000 they will find out why it is cheaper to give me one extra day's worth of meds vs. another four-day hospital stay for vomiting blood... Do you get the feeling that somewhere, someone has put a major curse on me? Maybe I need a gray hippo in a pink tutu to dance around the HMO headquarters--or perhaps what I really need is someone with a voodoo doll!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2002, 02:24 PM

s Ellen

HMO's deny so many requests from patients. And most patients just accept their denial. That's how the HMO's got to be such money making machines. It is disgraceful!!!! I'm glad to hear you are rejecting their denial. Go for it.
In the end they will have to understand and agree.
Is that mail in pharmacy program an option for you? That way you could have your drugs well in advance.

karenann
Unread 08-25-2002, 02:30 PM

HI, MARGARET
DON'T WORRY SWEETIE, YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE CURSED WITH THOSE ( I'LL BLEEP MYSELF ) **%###^&& HMO'S
THEY HAVE DENIED ME ON DIFFERNT THINGS SO MANY TIMES AND THE , SO CALLED CO-PAY THEY COULD KEEP!! I KNOW WHERE YOUR COMING FROM DEAR LADY, BUT DON'T GIVE UP GIVE EM HECK!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2002, 02:37 PM

Ellen,
HMOs are horrible. The only way to deal with them is to argue. The one year I used an HMO (what a nightmare for my kids), I spent a lot of time arguing with them in their waiting room!! It was Kaiser, not an HMO network. It really works. Embarrassed the **** out of them in front of all their patients. Loved it. That's where I got my reputation as a "she-bear" mother.

Try to find the name of the consulting physician for the HMO. Sending scathing emails/letters to a person is always better than sending them to an institution. Sometimes, you can find the consulting physician information on the WEB. If you need help, email me the name of the HMO and network and I'll see what I can do.

I'm convinced from experience as a employee benefits person, that HMOs only know how to treat healthy people. If someone gets sick or injured, they're at a loss.

Hang in there. But it's always nice to channel anger to a worthy recipient!!
Laura
Unread 08-25-2002, 06:08 PM

Oh my gosh, Margaret (Ellen)....what a pain those HMO's are...give them heck!
Unread 08-26-2002, 07:22 PM

Hey Ellen,

Hippo in the pink tu tu is willing and ready to go sit on that HMO and if that doesn't work she comes with an authentic voodoo pin and directions on how to make an HMO pay...

Hang in there sweetie. And keep on raising @#&$ with them!

Love ya,
Susan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register