bloating...does it get better? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bloating...does it get better? bloating...does it get better?

Unread 08-26-2002, 03:47 AM
bloating...does it get better?

Hi all,
I just started a low dose estrogen two weeks ago. I am taking estrace under the tongue, .25 mg twice a day. I have noticed a bit of swelling in my breasts. A bit fuller perhaps, but not sore. And my belly feels bloated as well.

My question is this: I have not taken any form of estrogen for three months following my hyst. Was on depo <nasty stuff>. Is my estrogen dose too high? Will my body adjust? Should I take less estrogen?? I feel really good. Just uncomfortable with the bloat.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2002, 07:59 AM

Tracy,

I'd give it another couple weeks. Could be that it's a bit too much estrogen, could be you're getting it too fast through the dissolve under the toungue method - or it could just be an adjustment period.

If it gets worse, I'd call the doc and adjust, but in the we usually find it takes about a month to adjust to any change.

Dorrie
Unread 08-27-2002, 12:53 AM

Tracy:

Are you taking the Estrace unopposed by any progesterone? With the endo, you have a perfect excuse to take progesterone, and I would certainly give that a try in your case.

I keep backing off on my Vivelle, and in fact took it back off three days ago to try to go progesterone-only again for a while. I was gaining one pound /day !!

This is also a good time to really be careful about your salt, at least until you get the other stuff under control.

Good luck! I think you'll find progesterone a big help...

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2002, 03:57 AM
audrey

Don't laugh, but I am scard to add anything to the estrogen. I am on such a low dose and feel really terrific. Time will tell about the weight gain. I want to add just one thing at a time and perhaps will add the progesterone cream in another couple of weeks. I am having weird troubles with my BP a the moment. So I am being tapered off that med slowly but surely. My pressure keeps dropping too low and I feel like I'm crashing at times during the day. 112/65 is way too low for my body. The DR said to take BP med every other day. Funny thing I noticed....the terrible cold flashes I still get at times is from the BP med! I assumed it was still due to something about the surgery and lack of estrogen or even that depo crap. Interesting huh?
Unread 08-27-2002, 09:42 AM

Tracy:

I'm not surprised about the BP medication giving you cold flashes...it may be dropping your BP too far!

I suggest you go to the pull-down menu: Too much estrogen? Too Little? and take a look through there. I would be hesitant to add anything if you're doing well except for the fact that you have endo. If progesterone suppresses endometrium (which of course we already know) then it stands to reason that some progesterone WITH your estrogen might help mitigate any endo that comes back as a result of your estrogen intake (even though it's low-dose).

Just my , but as an endo sufferer myself, I would be really afraid of unopposed estrogen. And you might get some help for the BP seesaw in the bargain.

Let us know what you decide, OK?

Audrey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register