bright pink discharge still noticed after TVH/BSO in 12/23/2001 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bright pink discharge still noticed after TVH/BSO in 12/23/2001 bright pink discharge still noticed after TVH/BSO in 12/23/2001

Unread 08-26-2002, 10:35 PM
bright pink discharge still noticed after TVH/BSO in 12/23/2001

Since I had my TVH/BSO almost two years ago, I've faced so many weird symptoms, and I am at the end of my rope! My husband and I have practically stopped having sexual intercourse within this time because it still hurts me on my lower right side and I seem to always have a bright pink discharge afterwards. In the past two weeks I have been experiencing this discharge even when I am doing heavy housework, especially when I climb a ladder or run my vacuum. The pain in my abdomen has also increased until it is a constantly vague ache. I have consulted my doctor several times in the time since my surgery, but I never get any satisfying answers. He is one of these sickeningly jolly types who seems to enjoy patronizing women. When I last went to him in desperation to see what the heck was going on with my symptoms, he puts his arm around my shoulder and loudly exclaims, "Well, well, well, what are we going to do with you?" He gives me the impression that he is somehow switching the blame and responsibility for my physical condition onto me. He wants to do exploratory surgery to determine why I'm bleeding and why whenever he performs a pelvic exam, I cry out in pain and practically jump off the table. He has recommended a partial vaginectomy, since he SWEARS that there is no bleeding that he can see. I'm afraid for my marriage if this happens. My husband is so sweet, but there's so much temptation out in the world; especially sexual temptation. Has ANYONE else had these symptoms this long after their surgery? I also have a lot of depression (I'm on Zoloft and Xanax), and I've gained about thirty pounds. I use to take Premarin 1.25mg., but this doctor has me on Estratest because I have ZERO libido!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2002, 11:30 PM

Morticia,
Find another doctor. This person sounds like a jerk. He is not listening to you. Do what you have to do, but please find another doctor.

I am only 5 months post, had bleeding after intercourse, and painful intercourse. I had what is called granulation. It was treated with silver nitrate. I so far, have had 2 treatments. Doctor has told me possibly one more treatment after the last one.

Not saying this is your problem. You do need to see some one else. And you need some one that will take you more serious.

You poor girl. Why do doctors behave that way?

Good luck, please let us know what you are going to do.

s

Angl
Unread 08-27-2002, 03:20 AM

Hi Morticia,

I'm so sorry that you're having these problems.

I have to agree with Angl, I definitely think that you need to see a new Dr. and get a new opinion. Make an appointment and try to get a copy of your records from this Dr. so that you can be prepared with this information.

Best wishes and s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2002, 07:56 AM

((((Morticia))))) I agree that it's time to find another doctor. You might also want to look into finding a Pain Clinic that specializes in Pelvic Pain. They not only deal with the pain, but also try to identify the cause of the pain. Many sisters here on The Road have had satisfaction with them.

Morticia, on top of trying to get your records from your current doctor, start journaling your pain and your bleeding. And take note of how you feel. This all helps your doctor in his diagnostic and ensures that you don't forget anything.

Sending lots of healing s your way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register