Regarding Recipes........ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Regarding Recipes........ Regarding Recipes........

Unread 08-27-2002, 12:15 PM
Thumbs up - Regarding Recipes........ Regarding Recipes....

Dawn brought it to my attention that some of our ladies can't get to the Healthwise Recipes. The recipe forum is available to Crown Jewels as a perk for donating to this wonderful site. There are many recipes there posted by ladies from all forums. Check out this link!

https://www.hystersisters.com/crownjewels.htm

We can put our "OP" recipes right here in B.E.S.T. forum. If you have a recipe you should start a new thread and start the subject line with RECIPE: and then the description of your recipe. (RECIPE: Veggie Soup, low cal/low fat). If done this way we can do a search of the B.E.S.T. forum (search Titles only) and come up with an easy way to see what's there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2002, 02:22 PM
Regarding Recipes........

Thank you for that information...I know at times I am computer challenged, so I'm grateful to know it wasn't me this time!And your idea for a recipe thread sounds great.
Unread 08-28-2002, 09:33 PM
regarding receipes

DITTO !! Would like to be able to exchange receipes ---- especially those of you who are fish lovers !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2002, 10:13 PM

Jubilee,

I've never been a fish lover but really need to eat more of it. I tried salmon a couple of times but didn't do a good job of it....so trust me that you don't want recipes from me. I'd love it if you would post some that you have. I'm on low fat but do use olive oil sparingly. I use Take Control which is low in sat fats and could use a dab of that. Got anything?

Blissful,

It was Dawn's idea to start something here but we had to get permission since the site has a cookbook. We're going to put each recipe on a new thread so when we do a search for RECIPE: in the B.E.S.T. forum they will come up in an easy to read format. If we put all the recipes in one thread we would have to keep paging down to find something that looks good.
Unread 08-29-2002, 09:29 AM

EM, thanks for the clarification!
Unread 08-29-2002, 10:19 AM
receipes

Sure do !! What's your pleasure ?? I mainly eat fish, but do partake of chicken, and soy (tofu) -- can you do soy ?

I didn't used to like salmon either, but my mom made me a slamon lover with just one receipe she sent me. Now, as I understand we wiil enter a receipe on a New thread each time we want to share one ?

Let me know what you'd like to try first and I'll send some over the weekend.........gotta get back to work..
Unread 08-29-2002, 11:58 AM

Jubilee...thanks!

I did like the taste of Salmon.....just didn't cook it really well. Would like to try other types of "swimming" fish also. If you have some recipes that work well with almost any kind of fish it would be nice.....we may have different kinds or different names since we live so far apart.

Please be sure you do the subject line:

RECIPE: blah, blah (description)

That way they will come up in a search asking for: "RECIPE:" in the BEST forum looking in titles only.

I'm pretty set on Chicken recipes.....it's my mainstay. I've tried to add some Soy but so far have done it only by buying soy burgers, cheese, etc. I don't know much about the sources of Soy.

Thank you so much.

Em
Unread 08-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Recipes

Em,

Sorry if this is a repeat------ my screen just went blank....had my hubby check to see if I could retrieve what I'd written.....no luck.
So I'll start over as best I can remember: here goes again... Don't count me out on the chicken recipes... I have some great ones ( some to die for ), also since it sounds like you can do soy----- do you like lasagne, manicotti ?? then I've got some tofu recipes for you !! I'm right with ya----- LOVE my soy burgers and cheese....YUMMMM !!

I'd like to start ya off with my mom's salmon recipe ---- if you're not hooked after it, well then, my names not Jubilee. Ya, alot of the fish recipes I have can be used with different fishes ---- infact I use most of them on all my favorites......... just one question: you said they might be called something else since we live so far away? ......... Aren't you in Nebraska ? I'm in Colorado. Unless my is worse than I thought it was, fish should have the same names only a bo

rder apart.........

O.k., so I'll enter the recipe for the salmon on a new thread, entitled RECIPE -- then the name of the recipe. If I do this wrong, let me know. If I do it right, I'll send some more over the weekend.

Check a new thread ........here goes...Wheeeeeeeeeeee.......
Unread 08-29-2002, 08:55 PM

Jubilee, after I submitted my post I thought that Chicken recipes would be good too....didn't want to ask too much of you, I guess.

I bought Tofu once and really had no idea what to do with it. The instructions on the package said I should change the water every day........ so seeing that I knew I wouldn't bother "babysitting" a pack of tofu I turned to the prepared stuff.

I'm in New England. Keep in mind the only fish I ever ordered in a restaurant was shellfish but often my DH would see things on the menu that we don't have here....... I think! As an example, around here we refer to boneless, skinless chix breast and boneless loin pork chops as "cutlets". A lot of ladies here questioned what a chix cutlet is. Just a regional thing. In any case, if your recipes don't demand a specific type I'll be all set.

Oh! I just got it. Nebraska! I guess I should make a change in my profile and type it out fully. Nope, our fish comes from our own deep blue sea!

Xena put up a recipe for salmon and I tried it tonight. Very, very good...and very easy to prepare. She did it a second time to add the RECIPE thingy so it will show up on a search.

Thanks, Jubilee!
Unread 08-29-2002, 09:15 PM
Ohhhhhh em

before I *try* to post my salmon recipe, I totally thought NE was Nebraska ......... sorry, just where are you in New England ??

Are we talking about New England as in maine, Connecicut, New Hampshire, New York ?? sorry for the goof

O.k. I'l try to post my recipe now......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register