Any Fibro Sisters out there.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Fibro Sisters out there.... Any Fibro Sisters out there....

Unread 08-31-2002, 12:59 PM
Any Fibro Sisters out there....

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Jude. I had a LAVH/BSO almost 2 years ago due to years of doing battle with Endo. I have recently (4 days ago) decided to go off of my HRT as Endo is something that I am still dealing with

I am so grateful to have a place to ask questions. Please forgive my ignorance....it has been a long time since I've been without any HRT, and I may sound not very well informed!

As I mentioned, it's only been 4 days for me....I'm not flashing yet, and the moods are okay. I guess it's still too soon to tell. What I have noticed though, is an increase in my Fibro and IBS symptoms. My joints are slowly getting more painful, and I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to what I can do.

Thanks in Advance....and S to all of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2002, 10:18 PM

<<<<<Jude>>>>>>>

Hi ya Girlfriend

I am so happy to have ya here Yes I am a FIBRO sister and I know what you are saying with the achy joints....

Did you try joint support supplements?????? And is it 1200-1600 mgs daily??????

I am so stiff right now becouse with all the back to school and running around.......I forgot to take my joint supplements for 3 days and BOY am I paying for it.......

Jude I don't remember do you see a rhumey???? And do you take anti-inflammatory's??????I am on relfin and I take it when I get the flare ups.........I know how frustrating this all is to handle... Balance of our bodys and then the on going troubles from Fibro..And I also have sojgerns-synd so I try to stay as balanced as I can on the supplements I take...And deal with the Fibro and sojgerns day by day...........Do you have your good days and bad days?????

I also find my heat pad work well the heat feels so good.......

Jude maybe you won't have any flashes!!! you might be lucky with that?????

And for the tummy....My DH driving to work this DR was talking on the health station and talking about IBS and all tummy troubles......This DR said everything he eats makes his tummy blow up........Well he started drinking pure Green tea 3 times a day and said it worked.......

So DH came home with mint-green tea and I am telling ya it really worked for me also...........

Well jude I better stop writting this book to you now Keep posting

SIS
Unread 09-01-2002, 04:42 AM

Thanks for all of the excellent suggestions Sis

Do you mean it's possible that I may not have hot flashes??? That is something I never even considered! I just thought it was part and parcel of going off of the HRT. I wonder why some women do....and others don't....mmmmm.

I do see a Rheumy, but for now I'm not taking anything. I'm starting at a pain clinic this week...it's supposed to be one of the best I saw a top Rheumy last week, and he thought it best if I wait until I can get into this clinic before I started any new meds. We'll see...

I'll have to pick up some of that tea though....sounds yummy and beneficial! I also need to pickup some joint supplements too...thanks so much!

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2002, 04:58 AM

Hey Sis...one more thing

I used to take the Hair/Skin & Nails supplement many years ago (have always had fine hair) and I really noticed a difference. I read on another post that you are taking it...I can't find it anywhere anymore up here

Do you know who makes yours? Thanks again
Unread 09-01-2002, 07:53 AM
In the same boat...where's the paddle

Hi Jude
Just a short note. I too have fibr and IBS. I also have some chronic pain issues. I had a LAVH/BSO and was on HRT until last month. I have noticed an increase in joint pain and fatique. And let me tell you the hot flashes are back for me.
My doc wants me to go back to evening primrose oil in the evening for the hot flashes. That helpsed some before my surergy.

Morgan
Unread 09-01-2002, 07:59 AM

Hi ((((Morgan))))

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry you are in the same boat...I wish they left us a couple of paddles

I think I'll have to make a visit to my local health food store very soon...

I'm so curious why some women experience the hot flashes and other don't. I had them big time while I was on Lupron, as well as during the time that I went without HRT for 3 months after my hysterectomy. I also had them when I lowered my estrogen dose. I'm not complaining here LOL! Just curious...any ideas?
Unread 09-01-2002, 10:48 AM
Dear Friend

Had a hysterectomy in Feb. for endometrial cancer....Just started recently with the joint and bone pain....Also some bladder issues....I tell you this isn't easy...do have fibro also....Thought once the hysterectomy was over, things would be o.k. Was I wrong thus far....Have burning feet too...but dr. says it is a neurological issue--never had it before the hysterectomy.....so not so sure....Anyway, know that you are not alone in this.....hugs, Fran
Unread 09-01-2002, 11:56 AM

Hi Ladys

Jude..I take all supplements by Andrew Lessman......You can call the company at,,,[1-800-800-8080 ] This is how I got started calling the company And they are so wonderful..........

He is not in stores but now is on HSN also[home shopping network]1-800-944-9999]

The reason I am so crazy over this brand is couse it is pure....natural..... no Additives...fillers ....no color added......no salt.......no wax.....suger or starch nothing!!!!!! And that is what sold me............

And the fact that my DR told me his family takes this for years.......

all his vits are micro-granlated so no hard pills and never bother my tummy.......

Becouse of my sjogerns-synd I really am careful what I put in my body...........I am not selling vits I just want to share with all my sisters my own experiences and thoughts...

Morgan..........Did you DR tell you about black cohosh and flaxseed oil with omga3????
I had BAD flashes andnight sweats that I would cry and didn't know how to handle them... And with NO HRT for me....I had to find balance natural way...[did it] with the help of my DR....

Soy.....black cohosh........flaxseed oil w/omaga3.........primrose oil.........I also take vit/min and bone support for extra calicum[1600]mgs daily.........coq10[for the heart and cells of the body]......Hair-skin-nails........Joint support........and 1 baby asprin[heart]////I also drink LOTS of ICE WATER daily.....I find that if I don;t I really get the warm waves ...........And a cool cloth around your neck helps... And a good fan

Fran...I to get the burning and pins and needles as well in my feet hands and up my arms.......As I went on in recovery it seems to go away...I think it is just the fibro from the surgery.........I had all the test done and nothing........Being I have sjogerns I have to be watched so they send me running when anything comes up.......I sometimes every now and then still get that slite burning needle feeling in my hands........But not like early recovery days.....

For me the one year mark was unreal.... thats when I really started to feel better and normal again.........

OK here I go again writting a book[sorry] I love you all and want to share all that has helped me.....

Oh ya Jude......lol....I forgot !!!! Yes you might go flash free... we have a few gals that are....I think the HRT leaving your body and the adjustment may knock you off for awhile......But You my lady might be one of the lucky ones!!!!!!

Keep posting.............s to all

SIS
Unread 09-03-2002, 02:49 PM
This may help!

Hello
I have had fibro for 12 years & had my hysto/BSO for chronic endometriosis last Jan. Like you I also am having return of symptoms in past month so trying to ditch the Estrogen to see if things improve. I am having Increased aches & joint pain & have been taking magnesium 250mg daily which has helped. I have been on & off drugs to enduce false menopause & have come to the conclusion that it is the hormonne change / fluctuation which triggers it. Try persevere I have found each time after 4-6 weeks the body adjusts once the estrogen is depleted & it gets better.
For other symptoms I am having good success using black cohonsh & Agnus castus tinicture. It has helped reduce flashing & anxiety. I take 15 drops x 2 a day. It has also helped me sleep better than before when I was on the estrogen. Sleep is essential for fibro flares or things get worse.
I take anti inflamatory Indomethacin when bad & low dose of antitryptaline for pain & sleep aid. I also get great relief form fibro symptoms & endo pain from reflexology & use aroma oils on my abdonine to help the pain. I take peppermint capulse 3x2 day for IBS symptoms it is a natural antispasmodic & really does help the cramping pain. I also have had pain reduction by a wheat free & minimal diary diet which Ive been on since surgery. As you can see from my profile I had a lot of bowel surgery which has taken a long time to heal the diet has made a lot of difference to bowel issue.
I hope some of this may help you & give you ideas of where to start. It is hard to battle somedays & one thing seems to agrevate another which makes you feel that progress is nil. Sending you healing thoughts
Love Tina2 xxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 09-04-2002, 08:03 AM

I've been off hrt for a little over two months now. I do not take anything to replace it.
I do take 10mg. celexa, Bp medicine. I have IBS which has gotten worse since I no longer take any hrt. I'm trying the Librax again for it but not having much luck. Once in a great while I will get warm. I gave up sugar and caffiene and wonder if that is part of it(no flashes). I limit anything that is white. I read somewhere that it helps with flashes, can't remember where. I have hypoglycemia. I quit hrt due to very high blood pressure. During hrt and right after I quit hrt I had the bone and muscle aches but don't have them now. In fact I remember having them before my surgery. I've tried the green tea before, wasn't too fond of it, but I may try it again, maybe a different brand. I feel better off the hrt than I ever did on it. Hope I'm not jinksing myself talking about it. I better knock on wood. I also had lots of hot flashes on hrt, and I had been on many and different doses. Every one is different and if you are off or plan to go off give your body time to adjust, it could take a month or more. The sleeping issue is a whole other topic though. Just thought I would share and hope it will be helpful to someone. Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register