discouraged | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-31-2002, 07:47 PM
discouraged

Hello fellow LIW's,
I am so discouraged. I was given a surgery date for LAVH on Sept. 9th, and now they have to reschedule :cry: because of a "scheduling snafu". I know everyone here has similiar problems so I have no room to complain.... but I am getting more fatigued daily. I apologize for the graphics but... I have been passing clots for a week, some pretty large. Actually, Auntie Flo has been hanging around for 31 days this time. My DR told me to continue the iron and to try to get rest when I could. I am still working a full time job, or trying to. He says the surgery will have me feeling like a new woman in no time. In the mean time.... I feel like I'm wasting away! Anyone else have this? I like my DR. He took excellent care of me on a previous surgery 3 months ago, I just don't feel like he is too concerned of the blood loss right now. Should I not be overly concerned? Will my body compensate? I won't know until Tuesday, the surgery date. thanks for listening, Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2002, 08:39 PM
discouraged

Disneyfan -

I, too had all that bleeding & became anemic. I had 4 fibroids & a cyst on one ovary, & had pain from it "lower down". I was working part-time, but was somehow lucky, that I had no "accidents" at work! I just woke up one morning, bleeding like a stuck pig! I mean, the period had lasted 60 days, but then it meant business(!) I had a D&C but it only helped for 2 wks. Another gyn doc had put me on the pill for 7 mos., hoping to regulate things, but it was just a "bandaid". After that D&C "IT" came baaaaack, & I got another wakeup call, when I woke up & it was all over the place! Called the doc & got an appt the next day. I kinda knew it'd be hyst time, but it was a shock anyway, to know for sure I had to have it done. It's not been a piece of cake, but I'm getting there, 4 wks. post op now.
Had the post op doc appt & found out that my uterus hadn't weighed the normal 60 grams, but 120(!)...& that I'd had adenomyosis, which I'd never heard of, until I came to this site. What a shock! No WONDER my stomach always looked like I was sev. mos. preg! Well, NOW it looks huge., & the nurse said it can take up to 6 MOS. to go back down., but after it does, I won't look PREG anymore! I cannot WAIT! Getting stamina back a bit more every day, & am still on iron pills. I'm to have a CBC to check that anemia in a few days.
Good luck with your surgery! Us ladies who know we can't function w/all that bleeding surely can look forward to NO MORE TAMPONS and PADS, anymore! WHAT a relief! I saw 2 tampons on my counter & told my daughter here ya GO! I'll not need THESE anymore! YEAH!
Take care/God bless. Hang in there!
Unread 08-31-2002, 08:46 PM
discouraged

Thanks for that ... I don't like it that others have to go thru the same yucky stuff I do but, It helps when you can relate! I guess this swelly belly thing is a given huh? Everyone seems to have this! Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2002, 08:54 PM
Tracy

Oh hon,

I am sorry they had to reschedule your surgery. That happens sometimes but your day will come sooner than it will feel like.
You have every right to complain because of what you are going through. Its ok, thats what we are here for, to support each other no matter what.
Is there any way you could take time off from your job to maybe help your body get ready for the castle?
All i can say is follow what the doctor has said and take it easy the best you can. Call him and talk to him about your problem a little further, it will help ease your mind. Thats what they are there for too.
I feel bad that you are suffering this way but it does get better. Try to focus energy on the benifits of your surgery...no more bleeding etc. The doc is right, you will feel sooo much better afterwards.
I do, my surgery was over 3 mths ago.
Good luck darlin and keep us posted!
s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register