? about HPV | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-01-2002, 06:00 PM
? about HPV

I have not been told i have cancer nor have i been told i have HPV but my pathology report says koilocytosis--which means HPV. my pathology report also says many strips of mucosa were removed from my vagina during my A&P repair. I have never had a bad pap. I have never been told I have HPV. My pathology report says i do. Something is going on and i am angry----i have been married for 30 years! how do i approch this one?

OH just so you know how much was removed vaginally---here is the list:
2 strips mucosa measuring 4.5 x 2 cm, posterior vaginal
1 strip skin-mucosa measuring 1.7 x 0.3 cm, perineum
2 strips mucosa measuring 4 x 2.5 cm, anterior vaginal
remember this is all internally.
does anyone have any info?..................janice72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2002, 06:52 PM
? about HPV

(((Janice)))

Have you discussed the path report and what it means with your doctor? HPV is extremely common and can be silent for many, many years. Please discuss the path report (and why they took the vaginal strips - ouch!! - but I assume you are healed - no?)

I am so sorry you are experiencing this pain now.

Dorrie
Unread 09-01-2002, 08:15 PM
? about HPV

Hi Janice... ahh the awful HPV rears its ugly head once again. I , too have HPV and I have no idea where I got it from either.

This is a great link to help you understand the virus :

http://www.baymoon.com/%7Ehpvinfo/cs...dhpv.index.htm

http://health.rutgers.edu/HPV/HPV.htm

It is hard not to stress about it but do try. Stress is one of the big causes of a HPV flare up.
Eat properly and get lots of rest to help your body fight the virus.

I have been told by my radiologist that the virus can just disappear on it own . So heres hoping

Love, hugs and angels X X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2002, 08:57 PM
? about HPV

I too was told that HPV can lay dorment for many years. I have been with my husband for 12 years and had never had an abnormal pap prior to last summer.
Unread 09-01-2002, 10:47 PM
? about HPV

Janice,

My dr never mentioned HPV to me, but I assume I have it. Many experts now believe that a majority of the population carry the virus but most never have any symptoms or problems. There is a lot of information on the net for you to research which might make you feel better.

I don't know anything about taking of vaginal strips. I agree you should talk with your dr.

Unread 09-02-2002, 04:52 AM
? about HPV

Hi. My story is the same as Denise, although I have been married for 16 years...was very surprised. My doctors also say I "probably" have HPV since it is usually the cause for cervical cancer. My GYN/ONC says it is so common that I can consider it as normal flora and that most people carry the HPV virus now.

I agree with Robyn. Stress can bring on an outbreak. Prior to being diagnosed, I have had a lot of stress. I have an 8 year old daughter who has had about 16 surgeries in her lifetime, and it has been on and off stress in that time.

Take care. 's
Unread 09-02-2002, 06:36 AM
? about HPV

's

Dear Janice,

I also had A & P repairs for prolapses with my hyst, and I believe that the strips of mucosa are what the doctor has to remove in order to repair the prolapses of the bowel and of the bladder.
The excess skin (which has been bulging into the vagina) is removed and then you are stitched back up. In my case, the strips averaged 3 x 1 x .05 cm. I'm sorry you have been worried about what they were and why they were removed.

I also hope that what the other ladies have said will re-assure you about the HPV.

's

Karen
Unread 09-02-2002, 08:40 AM
? about HPV

I just wanted to add my here....I just read the other day that HPV is transmitted a lot via oral sex. If your hubbie had a cold sore (or one healing that you couldn't see) this could be the cause.

I'm with the others..call your doc and discuss this with him. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Stacey
Unread 09-02-2002, 11:59 AM
? about HPV

Just wanted to clear up a bit of confusion

Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus, whilst HPV is the human papilloma virus. They're two seperate little beasties (unrelated) that can cause genital infections.

So...cold sores can't cause HPV infection - but they can certainly spread their little germies to the genitals!

Hope this helps

Blessings,
Tess
Unread 09-02-2002, 02:08 PM
? about HPV

Thanks Tess, for clearing that up .

HPV is the human papilloma virus

and

cold sores are from the herpes virus

totally different virus but both similar , flare ups are sometimes caused by stress and both stay dormant in the body . I dont think there is a cure for either . So we all need to keep our immune systems working 110%

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register