Was kind of dreading 9/24 surgery date to come until today.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Was kind of dreading 9/24 surgery date to come until today.... Was kind of dreading 9/24 surgery date to come until today....

Unread 09-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Was kind of dreading 9/24 surgery date to come until today....

and I started what will officially be my last menstrual cycle!! I have been in so much pain today with the cramping and the awful stabbing pains that it is barely tolerable even with the heavy duty painkillers I am on. So after today, no more dreading...only anxiously awaiting! Plus, my birthday is tomorrow and I will be the big 4-0, so I guess a new me is right around the corner!!

Thanks for all of your support...you guys are great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2002, 10:21 PM

sugartigger!

My birthday was 5 days before my surgery, and I truly do feel like a new woman!

You'll do fine, just remember your princess training: lots of water, take short and get plenty of

Hugs,
Unread 09-03-2002, 10:26 PM

I am sorry you have been in so much pain today but that will soon be a thing of the past!

My last cycle was one of the worst I had ever felt. It was the one after my lap surgery.
It sounds funny to say in a way but it makes you look forward to going through major surgery to get rid of it.
It is so wonderful to know your quality of life and health will improve so dramatically.

I wish I had gotten someone to listen to me sooner about the pain I had but at least it was finally done and I feel way better than i imagined. I had sadly gotten used to the way i felt all the time.

My 38th birthday came 4 days before my hyst. Heck of a present but well worth it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2002, 10:29 PM

Happy Birthday, fellow Virgo!

My birthday is tomorrow (the 4th) as well. I'll be 36, so we're not far apart.

I am very anxiously awaiting an October 8th surgery -- but trying everything to get it moved up. I told my doctor last month that I didn't want to have another period. And I've already started wishing on birthday candles for an earlier date.

Enjoy your big day, and best of luck on the 24th!

Swingonastar99
Unread 09-04-2002, 08:28 AM

Sorry you are hurting so today!! I am going to have my farewell period next week. Just wanted to send you a smile and congrats on your last period.

Melissa
Unread 09-04-2002, 11:58 AM

First of all...Happy Birthday...
My last period came about a week before my TVH and I actually celebrated it..Woohoo..The last one after having them for..god knows how many years..and I thought no more tampons, no more pads..and I even went to Victoria's Secret and bought new sexy panties for after I was healed..woohoo..didn't have to worry about bleeding anymore. You will start an entire new journey in your life and it is great..
Have a wonderful 40th...
Unread 09-04-2002, 12:06 PM
ahh, me too

this is my first post...
my last period is due around the 13th and my surgery is scheduled for Sept 25th. I suspect it wants to go out with a bang-I'm already cramping (I could almost rip out that right ovary myself!!!).
A very happy birthday sugartigger! May this year bring you much joy!
The waiting is soooo hard.
Best wishes,
Sheryl
Unread 09-04-2002, 12:56 PM

I'm scheduled for September 23rd and I am having cramps again today. The cramps will last about five days before the period comes on. My periods for the last year have been coming two weeks apart and last five to six days going in, having or coming out seems to be my life lately. Hopefully this will be my last too. I'm not having a birthday tomorrow (5th) but I am celebrating my 31st wedding anniversary to a man I would marry again in a heartbeat. I consider that wonderful also. I must admit that although I am anxious to get this over, I'm still a little scared at times. Hyster-sisters has been a God send for me - Thanks everyone!
Unread 09-04-2002, 12:59 PM

:cake Congrats on your last period, and turning 40! I bet you can't wait to be that new woman! s for an uneventful surgery, and speedy recovery!
Unread 09-04-2002, 02:21 PM

Happy Birthday Sugartigger!

and many...many more!

I'm not even going to 2nd guess my last period before the 24th.
I've always been really regular until lately.

Last month was twice - and each time lasted longer.

Also, I had already had my period before my LSO some years ago and didn't I get it again heavier than in years ON the very day of the surgery! It was so heavy that I had to get off the table in pre-op and change the pad.

to when it's all over with. At least we know we won't have it anymore then!

erasmuse

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register