Radical hysterectomy,Cancer concern HRT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Radical hysterectomy,Cancer concern HRT Radical hysterectomy,Cancer concern HRT

Unread 09-04-2002, 11:13 AM
Radical hysterectomy,Cancer concern HRT

Hello:
I'm 36yrs old & had a radical hysterectomy last fall for invasive endocervical cancer! My oncology has prescribed HRT replacement. I'm affarid to do. Also, my uro-gyno has prescribed estrace to insert into vagina nightly. Because, I have been having problems that are associated w/surgery.
Can someone share alittle light here? I am beside myself here. Please, anyone can you help w/info soon as possible?
Thank u,
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2002, 01:13 PM
Wish I Had the Answer

HRT is such a hot topic right now! I just got a booklet from one of the drug companies on ovarian cancer facts (along of course with materials for ITS drug) and in there it says Estrogen is not out of the question for ovarian cancer fighters; my own gyn (No, I didn't know about gyn/onc's, never heard the term, four of them here) was going to prescribe it to me last April (before the recurrence) and yet some say absolutely not! I don't know what the thinking is on endocervical cancer. Are you near a NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center where you could consult with a gyn/onc and see what their thoughts are on HRT for you? It's a tough call--I have said no flat out. The gyn/onc may be your best resource if you're concerned. A big for a big decision.
Unread 09-04-2002, 01:42 PM
HRT-Radical Hysterectomy

Hello Margaret:
Thank you so much being the sweet person that you are. I have to say first, I have a sister name Margaret. I do not know if I am near Cancer center or not, I will check. Thank you so much for replying to my question. Lately I have been beside my self lately in dilerious state -of- mind. I would not worry so If I was on up the ladder of elderly. I would say no too....
Thanks so much,
Hugs
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2002, 06:14 PM

Misseck
I am in the same quandry.....I had a complete hyst in July for endometrium cancer, stage 1. My reg. gyn feels I should wait for two years to use ERT, but the gyn/onc/surgeon feels very strongly that I should be on it now. He will not even discuss natural remedies for hotflashes, etc..... He keeps pushing the ERT...saying if you need a natural supplement for hot flashes use ERT and keep your bones healthy. I don't know what to do.....when there are so many opposing positions on the subject of ERT.....If both of my dr's were of the same opinion I would feel better but they both are on such different ends of the spectrum. So far I am doing well without ert....I take a bunch of vit supplements and some natural remedies that I have researched and gotten approval from my reg. gyn.
Unread 09-04-2002, 07:55 PM

Chris,

First of all I want to say I'm sorry that you had to hysto. But, all is well with you? I do hope so.
Thank you so much Chris, you are a living doll to respond to me. I have been walking on egg shells-literally-it seems trying to find what is best for me concerning HRT. My mother died of cancer almost 18yrs ago with the same thing I had. So, I'm just a little delirious when it comes to this. I have not decided which way to lean as of now. All of my Drs(family,gyno,oncology, & uro-gyn) want me to use them. So, far I am. I wouldn't mind if I was a bit older. Would I not use? Yes-in a heart- beat!! May I ask, how old are you? I will understand, if you do not answer.
May God richly bless you,
Angels to watch over you,
Kat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register