A-Typical Cells??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A-Typical Cells??? A-Typical Cells???

Unread 09-05-2002, 10:31 AM
A-Typical Cells???

Hello again all,

Just got a call from my doctor today and my 2nd pap test in 3 months still showed A-typical cells from my cervix. They ran virus tests and they all came back negative. Just wondering if anyone else had this?? She said we won't have to worry about it anymore since we are taking out my cervix anyway. I was nervous about my TAH until she told me this. I was wondering if those turned to cancer. I told her that I was scared about my surgery and she said "no one has every died on me" and that modern medicine is really good and that the risks are very rare. I felt much better after talking to her.

Thanks for listening,

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2002, 10:58 AM
A-Typical too

Hi SharM1815,

I have A-Typical cells in my uterus. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow. I was scared when I was told this after my biospy and then a D&C. I was sent to an Oncoligist for a second opinion and was told that these are precancerous cells and I don't have cancer, but it could turn into cancer if left in. That's all I needed to hear, so I'm have everything removed.

Hope this helps you out some. I'm sure others will be along later to tell you their thoughts.

Good Luck, Silkysue
Unread 09-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Hi Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Me too, Sharon... atypical cells (in my case with endometrial hyperplasia)... for this reason, I, too, am scheduled for a TAH (with BSO... they are taking everything) on the 12th of September.

I can understand why you're scared... I'm scared too. I think it's normal to be anxious and scared. BUT... I think it's better that we just take care of this now than to constantly worry if those atypical cells are changing even more as time goes by.

My best to you. Please feel free to email me if you want to "talk".
My email address is... [email protected]

Take good care, Sharon.

Gracie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2002, 04:21 PM
A-Typical Cells???

Hi Gracie, Sharon & Silkysue,

I have been dyagnosed with complex hyperplasia and was scheduled to have a d & c on the 16 of Sept. and the purpose for the d & c was to look for A-typical cells. I started to think about that possibility of having him scrapeing the inside of my uterus with the posibility of Pre-cancer cells or cancer cells in there and i was not comfortable with that. But then last month i had the worst period that i have ever had and i called Dr office crying and he brought me in to see him and he asked me how long my periods were bad and i said basically for 17 yrs since i had my last child. I asked if the d & c would take care of the pain and bleeding and he said that it might ease it some but it was not going to take it away completely and because the complex kind of hyperplasia often times carrys pre-cancerus cells then i decided to go ahead with the Hyst. because i was not going thru one more period. That is what i keep telling my self and i am releaved not to have the thoughts that i could get cancer from this hyperplasia.

I just felt like sharring that with all the talk of Hyperplasia. I haven't seen many so for with that just a few ladies and you have all had to go thru so much to get to the point of a hyst.

I am glad that my Dr called me in that day now the 16th of sept is for a Hyst. instead can't wait to be on the other side but i am still a big

I look forward to reading your posts and learning and sharing with you ladies

God Bless s
Teresa
Unread 09-05-2002, 05:04 PM
Hi again

Hi again... after I read the last post to this group (teresa's post), I just had to thank Sharon for starting this thread. I hadn't seen many posts about hyperplasia/atypical cells either and was glad to know I wasn't alone here.

Sharon, your surgery is scheduled for October 1, 2002? I think it's the right thing to do. It feels really scary and all, but the cancer things is just tooooooooooo scary. Know what I mean? We'll all get thru this... and they say in this website that we will feel better afterwards and that's a VERY good thing.

Silkysue, my best to you tomorrow. I'll be sending you good thoughts and prayers. They say that the waiting is the worst part... and, certainly, for ALL of us, I hope this is the case. My best to you.

Teresa, you're right, we all have been through a lot to get to the point of having the hyperplasia and needing a hysterectomy. I did have a D&C about 6 months ago (as you mentioned your doc suggested). The D&C didn't stop the horendous periods for me, by the way... I know exactly what you're talking about... WOW! Horrible, aren't they?!

I also tried a trial of progesterone to try to reverse the hyperplasia. It didn't work. Not only didn't it work, but after 6 months my doctor did another biopsy and I had developed the atypical cells, which weren't there before I tried the progesterone treatment. Needless to say, things are progressing in the "wrong" direction and I just need to be brave and have this taken care of.

I'd be interested to hear all of your stories, too, if you feel up to sharing what brought you here.

God Bless you all and take really good care. I'm so glad we found each other... thanks, Sharon!

Gracie

P.S. This message got lonnnnnnnnnng... a mini e-novel, huh?
Unread 09-05-2002, 05:26 PM
A-Typical Cells???

To all of you with atypical cells, and hyperplasia:

Yes, yes, it is better afterwards!!!! After several abnormal paps and endometrial biopsies and the worst period of my life I gave in and scheduled a hysterectomy. I had always thought if I could get to the big M all the "abnormals" would go away. Wrong! They just got worse on the long road: going from simple hyperplasia to complex and one bad pap after another. And then constant bleeding for more than 2 months............

Anway, I am now 3 mos post op and feel GREAT!!!!!!!!! I acutally bought a new pair of white capris for the first time in years. (lol) My hormones are under control, at least for now, and my energy level is super. I have acutally lost weight.

My surgery was realatively easy, even tho I had a breast biopsy at the same time (which actually concerned me more than the hyst) and I was up and about in no time.

Yes, ladies, you will feel good afterward and no more worrying about the C word. Good luck to all of you, my thoughts are with you.
Unread 09-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Thank you, CAH

Thank you, thank you, thank you, CAH, for letting us know that there is light at the end of this tunnel.

Your post so lightened my mood. You even bought yourself a pair of white capris... how wonderful! I can so relate to the not wearing white cuz "ya never know when...".

Thank you for the VERY positive insights to life on the "other side" of this thing.

Take care, Gracie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register