Darling Husband | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Darling Husband Darling Husband

Unread 09-05-2002, 11:56 AM
Darling Husband

I have read a number of threads about mean, unsupportive husbands. I deeply feel bad for those ladies having to go thru the recovery without support. I felt like I need to share my experience so you can see that there are some really wonderful husbands out there.

An ultrasound found two large " suspicious" complex cyst on my ovaries. My DR sent me in for a ca-125 tumor marker blood test. It was a miserable 11 days waiting for the results. My mother had died from ovarian cancer just four years prior. My DH was there every moment for me. He held and comforted me and cried with me. My test was negative but I was told the test was not accurate on pre-menopausal women nor early stages of cancer.

I had a TAH/BSO on 8/6 and they found fibroids, cyst, endo and lots of scar tissue, but no cancer! My dh was at the hospital constantly.making sure I got the care I needed. I came home to a beautiful bouquet of roses from him. He even moved the mattress from our guest room to the floor of our bedroom so he could be close.

DH and I own a business together and work out of our home. Not only has he taken over 100% of the work load he also has done all the cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, running errands ect. He has gone to each dr's appointment with me.and never complained once. I have had a tough recovery but having his support has made things alot easier. He has been there for me 24 hrs a day and treated me like a real princess. I will always remember his love and gentleness thru this difficult time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Mine too!

Thank you for starting this thread! Mine was incredibly supportive too, wouldn't let me do anything, even played pillow when friends came to visit and I'd been sitting too long!

I too feel badly when I read that families aren't supportive and allowing us to heal properly! Some of us are very lucky indeed!

s
Unread 09-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Darling Husband

Mine is great too. He's even been cleaning the cat litter box! I say LET"S KEEP THEM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Darling Husband

Mine too......and he's still cleaning the cat box (8months post) I'm keeping mine, he's the best

Karlene
Unread 09-05-2002, 01:10 PM
I have a good one also!

I am with you. I am very lucky to have a great man. He has done everything in the house, for our three children and take care of all 6 pets plus work. I don't know how he is doing it but he is keeping things up. I am 5 weeks Post and he told me after I get cleared for sex to let him know when I am ready.
I could not ask for more. I was surely blessed!
My prayers go out to those Sisters that don't have this type of support!
Unread 09-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Mine's A Keeper. Too!

My DH of 16 yrs this month is so wonderful!
He has been taking care of things and likes it! He says he feels so close to me now. At four weeks post op I went to the mall with some family from out of town for a little visit, and he went and walked slowly with me, and held my hand, and told me he would bring the car around from the other side of the mall.....he didn't even go in the Bass Pro Shop with the other guys! He said he came to the mall with me...how sweet can ya get! He too has said he will wait until I am ready.
(Well, as some of you know, I have been ready and am just waiting for clearance!)
We are celebrating our 16th anniversary on my 7+ week post op with a trip to the moutains for a nice quiet weekend.
God Bless the DHs!
Julie
Unread 09-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Mine too

Mine was great too. We have been married 24 years and I wouldnt trade him for anything. We wont tell him that though! Keep him wondering. He is always there for me whatever whenever. He even came up with a new nickname for me - Scoots - because of how slow I was walking. He still calls me that when I am lagging behind him. I feel sorry for others who dont have this support.
Unread 09-05-2002, 02:07 PM
Darling Husband

Count me in as one of the lucky ladies! My DH of almost 25 years has been great. Not only during my surgey and recovery but he has been great since the day we first met! I am blessed!
Unread 09-05-2002, 02:16 PM
Darling Husband

Mine, too, ladies. He is the best even after 25 years. He was the ONLY one who helped me post op. I don't know what I would have done without him. He even puts up with me when I spend lots of time with my hysterisiters on the computer. It is soooooo nice to see that there are GOOD men out there!

Emily
Unread 09-05-2002, 06:17 PM
Darling Husband

Mine is pretty special, too. We've been married for almost 36 years, and even though he is on disability because of his congestive heart failure and can't do as much as he used to, he still took care of me after my surgery, especially after our DD returned home after the first 4 days.

And he's like Emily's DH - he doesn't mind the time that I spend here on HS, either.

I sometimes forget just how special he is, and want to thank you Cayman, for reminding me.

's

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register