Brain Fog | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-06-2002, 07:30 AM
Brain Fog

My DH is getting irritated with me about my "thought processes" lately -- you know, brain fog! I've tried to explain it to him, but I must be unique, because he doesn't seem to understand that it's very common and widespread during the menopausal (I'm taking Lupron) period. If he thinks it's bad now . . . . I can only imagine how much fun (not) I'm going to have with him AFTER surgery in January. I'm having a really tough time with the emotions right now. The Lupron is exascerbating the depression I already suffer from (I take Zoloft for the depression), and I'm not getting much support and empathy from him or anyone else. P.S. DH has been out of work for almost a year and a half and has been trying to stop smoking (he's 53; we've been married less than 3 years). Guess my "female problems" have come at an inconvenient time in his life.

Can anyone help me explain these problems???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2002, 07:46 AM
Your Not Alone!

I took 2 shots of the lupron in 2001, I swear that I have brain freeze still from it I am now taking birthcontrol with no off days/placebos. I tell myself that in January after surgery the brain freeze will wear off. dh have bought me a palm pilot to help me remember my appointments and other things. You are not alone I have been suffering since Jan of 2001 with a dx of sever Endo, but the dr wounldn't help until Now, Have to waite due to insurance would not cover it prior to December (6 months without insurance prior to new coverage, preexcisting condition.) I do medical billing while kids are at school, so I know the in's and out's.
The only way that my husband started to get a clue is when I reminded him the pain from the vasectomy(?sp) times that by 50 and we would talk about a mild pain day. He has finally gotten a mild clue and doen't pick arguments over it any more.

I pray that it will get better for you, and he start to understand.
God only gives us what he thinks we can handle.

Anne
liw til Jan 03, due to nasty endo feels like those pesky non specific cyst are back.
Unread 09-06-2002, 08:26 AM
me too!

I felt like someone was peekin in my window! I have not taken the Lupron, only Provera, and a form of progesteron, and estrogen. I have had brain fogs for about a month now! I work in a medical office and I had to actually back away from the reception/check in desk because I kept "forgetting" to check patients in! At home I feel like, "how am I ever going to get my home in order before surgery". I start a task then 5 min into it, I forget what I was doing! Lord, I hope that some of this will wear off after my body returns to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2002, 08:49 AM
Brain Fog

I am glad to hear I am not the only one with brain fog. Yesterday I broke the headlight on my blazer trying to park at my daughters school. I ran out of gas last week, waiting in line to pick her up. I feel really stupid. It is amazing to me how hormones can effect so many things in your body. I'm glad I have been married 8 years so my dh knows this is a temperory thing. He knows I'm not really stupid. I can't find the words I need sometimes. I am constantly loosing things!!! Can't wait to be a princess and get my brain back!!!
Unread 09-06-2002, 10:22 AM
Brain Fog

Thank you all for posting. I feel so much better. I have brain fog every month, during the heavy bleeding. I never had a name for it until I came to this website.

It is irritating to the men when you just stare at them while you process their last statement, isn't it? And going into rooms only to forget why you went? Gee whiz, I have Alzheimers on both sides of the family and was starting to wonder if this was how it all started [at 35]?

Thanks again to you all for being so open and honest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register