Endometrial Cancer, I'm so scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial Cancer, I'm so scared Endometrial Cancer, I'm so scared

Unread 09-07-2002, 10:04 AM
Endometrial Cancer, I'm so scared

Hi,
I have been so stupid. I can't believe this. I just opened my mail and read a 3rd opinion pathology report. The 1st and 2nd said I had a grade 1 carcinoma, this says I have a grade 2. The terror comes from the fact that the D. & C. was done 7/31. I have been told all this time that hormone therapy was reasonable to try based on grade 1. Furthermore the pathologist says it has progressed from a something or other to a grade 2 in 2 months, and this again was of JULY 31ST!

Oh God, I am so scared. I don't know if I have a grade 4 by now. I am feeling like I am going to die in a week. There was a slip up in getting the report to me.

Is there anyone who has survived a grade 3 or 4 who will share your story with me?

Thank you so much.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2002, 10:59 AM

(((Judy))))
I am sorry you got this report and it is causing you so much fear. You said this was a 3rd opinion. You have 2 others that are diagnosing it as grade 1 right? Thats a good sign Judy. 2 of the 3 agree on the lesser grade. This one may not be correct.

Please put a call into your doctor with this info and see what they have to say about it. You will drive yourself crazy with worry until you talk to them.

Ya know.....and this is just my opinion....I don't think these reports should come in the mail...they should be delivered to the doctor, so that things can be explained to patients better to hopefully prevent this type of fear. But I am in Canada...and I know its totally different here. We would never be sent pathology results directly.

I am sorry I am not much help Judy....my cancer was ovarian, and I don't know very much about endo, but I am sure others will be along shortly.
Hang in there Judy! Keep remembering....2 of 3 reports say grade 1!!
Sending calming hugs!
Maria
Unread 09-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Hi Judy

I too don't have endo but I can offer a and a er. You have two reports at Grade 1 and this one differs--as Maria said, this one could be incorrect. Please contact your surgeon/primary oncologist on your case on Monday and see if he/she also got a copy of the report and what he/she thinks should happen next. I wish there were some way to help you over the weekend--if you keep worrying or being scared (and you're talking to the Queen of Worry/Panic here, believe me--I know what this can do to you) just post again and we'll be here for you and I think, having de-wanded as hostess, I still have private e-mail here if you want to contact me directly. On Monday, contact that primary doctor and request an appointment or ask for a call after he/she reviews the third pathology report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2002, 02:29 PM

Hi Judy....I am sorry to hear what you are going thru but do not drive yourself nuts with stages and numbers..I did that and then my oncologist gyno. told me that stages and numbers do not mean anything. I was diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer. However it was all basically self contained, he got rid of any thing he did not like and i am doing chemo to get rid of any minute partcles that may have been left. I am on my last chemo treatment and my ca125 number went from 454 to 14. 35 is nomal and anything under 20 is excellent. I am alive and kicking and plan to be around for a very very long time. My son just got married last week and i cannot wait for grandchildren.
Take care, take a deep breath and relax a little.
Rosalie
Unread 09-07-2002, 02:49 PM

JUDY,
PLEASE TAKE A BREAK HON. ENDOMETRIAL CANCER IS VERY SLOW GROWING AND THE BEST THING IS IT IS ALL CONTAINED!!!

YOU NEED TO GET SOME ANSWERS FROM YOUR ONOC/ GYNE, NOW.. I AM SURE THIS WILL ALL BE TAKEN CARE OF WITH A HYST AND IF IT HAS PROGRESSED TO ANOTHER STAGE RADIATION IS USUALLY THE NEXT THING THEY DO. PLEASE DON'T PANIC, YOUR GOING TO BE O.K. BUT YOU MUST GET IN TO A ONOC/GYNE AND GET THIS REMOVED.
NO!! YOUR NOT GOING TO DIE IN A WEEK, OH SWEETIE PLEASE. CALM DOWN.
I HAD ENDO STAGE 1 AND A HYST WAS ALL I NEEDED, NOW IF IT IS STAGE 2 OR 3 I AM SURE , NO , I AM POSITIVE THIS WILL ALSO BE TAKEN CARE OF.
THERE HAVE BEEN POSTS ON THIS KIND OF CANCER FROM SOME WOMEN THAT HAD DIFFERENT STAGES. I AM SURE THEY WILL BE ALONG SOON, SO DON'T GET NUTS OVER THIS, I KNOW IT'S VERY SCARRY BUT YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE
Unread 09-07-2002, 09:13 PM

Thank you very much, ladies. My blood pressure went down when I read your posts. Thank you thank you thank you! I hope you are right about it being contained. Two doctors have told me there are 2 kinds of endo. cancer and one is a lot harder to deal with. It just scared the heck out of me when the pathologist said, "This has progressed from a benign lesion to an intermediate grade tumor in 2 months." The tissue she was working with was collected 7/31. so I am thinking if it went from 0 to 2 in 2 months, what has it done in the 5-6 weeks since then?

I had already scheduled surgery for Oct. 1st but I don't want to wait that long. Margaret's idea is good. I didn't know you could ask the doctor to call you. (He is so busy and important I am thinking, but you're right, this is not good for my health to be so frightened I can't sleep or think straight.) Margaret, it made me laugh when you said you were the Queen of worry and panic. there must be 2 queens because worry is my middle name.

Maria, I appreciate your thought on the 2 against one path. report but in May the biopsy said precancerous. I took it for a 2nd opinion and this same pathologist said it was cancer. It turned out she was right! Now she is saying it is grade 2 and I am afraid she is right again.

Rosalie, that is amazing that your cancer was all contained. that gives me hope. I am so glad you are alright!!

Puppy (sorry I forgot your name) I hope you are right. I read that endo. cancer can be treated if it is reached before it metastisizes. There are only 3 grades and I reached the high end of 2 back in July. I feel like the stupidest person on the planet because I believed hormone therapy was "a reasonable thing to do." 2 gyn/oncs told me that.

First thing Monday I will try to move up the surgery and hope for the best. Thank you again for your positive thoughts!!!
(Sorry this is so long.)

Judy
Unread 09-07-2002, 09:29 PM

Judy
Are you talking about stage or grade? My D & C staged my cancer at stage 1...when the path came back from the surgery it was still a stage 1, but also said grade 2. I didn't even know about grades or what it meant....All the docs had talked about was that I had a stage 1, which was great!! I freaked.....but my onc/gyn said the most important part is the stage of the cancer. He explained that the stage tells how far it has gone and the grade how aggressive the cancer is. He said not to worry about a grade 2 with a stage 1 because the tumor had not grown beyond the endometrium. He was not concerned in the least about a grade 2 with a stage1 path report. I think staging goes from 1-4 and grading is typically 1-3.
Of course I would of preferred a grade 1....I wanted the best report possible.... and I did worry about it for a few days until I repeated in my mind what the onc/gyn said.
I know I feel hyper-sensitive to everything and my mind works overtime at the littlest remark one of the dr's makes. Even normal aches and pains are amplified and I start worrying....Oh no...now what's wrong....
Chris
Unread 09-08-2002, 05:48 AM

I AM SO GLAD YOU FEEL ALITTLE BETTER JUDY. CALL THE DOCTOR TOMORROW AND SEE WHAT HE SAYS, DO HAVE YOUR HYST AND TRY NOT TO PANIC.
IT WILL BE MUCH MORE UNDERSTANDABLE WHEN THE DOCTOR EXPLAINS THINGS TO YOU. DO ASK QUESTIONS!!!! HE WILL TELL YOU IN TERMS YOU CAN UNDERSTAND AND THAT WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO. MEANWHILE HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY ( I KNOW IT'S EAST TO SAY ) BUT DO TRY TO KEEP BUSY. YOUR GOING TO BE O.K., I 'M TELLING YOU, IT WILL BE ALRIGHT.
Unread 09-08-2002, 07:06 AM
Hi Judy

I'm a cervical cancer girl but just wanted to wish you the best and tell you to relax.....I think with endo cancer some areas can be stage 1, some stage 2? If so, I think the staging isn't the same as with other cancers (not cast in stone). The fear will get better - its the initial shock that is hard. Good luck to you!
Unread 09-08-2002, 07:00 PM

Hi Again,
This site is worth a million dollars in stress relief. Where do I mail my donation again? Is the address on the website?

Chris, You are an angel for taking the time to explain this to me about grading and staging. Ohh...I had no idea there was a difference. I am beginning to feel human again. My DH can scrape me off the ceiling now. The path report says "grade 2." Oh man. I do exactly what you describe about every little pain. I get gas in my stomach and I start thinking the cancer has metastisized. I guess it is because it is a life threatening situation to be in and when animals feel afraid they are hyper alert, so perhaps I'll try to perceive my anxiety as hyper alertness. I need to conserve my "alertness" for the real big issues. Thank you again, Chris!

Puppy2, thank you for your support and kind thoughts. It REALLY helps to read that I am going to be alright. Gives me the courage to go through with the surgery and to do what Margaret suggests, take out the ovaries too.

Mamic, thank you also for your help. The fear will get better. That is good to remember.

Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register