New Here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-08-2002, 10:33 AM
New Here

[b][size=3][font=courier new][color=red] Just wanted to say hello and say that i am new to all this,hope people can help me cope with anything and everything and hope I can help those who can use my help. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and had to have a mascteomy(have one removed)and had to have reconstruction done and have the other one reduced,and just been through a hysterctomy,having a rough time dealing with 3 surgerys in less than 8 months here. I can use all the support I can get. TY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2002, 11:40 AM
New Here

I'M SORRY YOU HAD SUCH A BAD TIME.

I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS AND WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK.
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE JUST ABOUT FINISHED EVERY SCARRY THING YOU COULD GO THROUGH, AM I RIGHT??
IF I AM , THAN YOU SHOULD BE ON THE MEND AND SOON BE YOUR
SELF AGAIN. THIS HAD TO BE VERY DEVASTATING TO YOU BUT PLEASE KEEP UP POSITIVE THOUGHTS, AND MANY GOOD VIBES COMING YOUR WAY.
Unread 09-08-2002, 12:42 PM
New Here

Wow, three surgeries in eight months. That must be some kind of record. I'm really sorry you had to go through all that.

My mom had a mastectomy 15 years ago and we had a great time celebrating at the 5 year mark. A good friend at work and I were out before my surgery celebrating her 5 year survival anniversary at 5 years. With you there in 5 years, they'll be in great company.

You came to the right place for support. The sisters here are great. Welcome.
s,
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2002, 03:33 PM
New Here

Hi Sue,
I am so sorry you have had so much to deal with in a short time. I hope your recovery from your hyster is going well, and you are resting lots and letting yourself be pampered!!
Laura is right, you have found a wonderful place for support, information sharing and an unending supply of hugs!!
Wishing you a great recovery and no more health problems for you to deal with!! You have certainly had your share. Bravo for beating the breast cancer!! You are indeed a survivor!!
Keep us posted on how you are doing Sue!!
Sending lots of hugs and prayers to you!
Maria
Unread 09-08-2002, 04:10 PM
That's a LOT to deal with!

Of course you need support--three major surgeries in a short time! You may find you heal more slowly or don't get your "oomph" back as quickly as you'd like because you've been through so much. But--hang in there...things do get better healing wise. The hysterectomy alone is major surgery and full recovery can go on much longer than the "six to eight weeks" we often hear. Just come back anytime with questions or concerns or "I'm going to explode" statements as well. That's why we're here. How are you doing with the breast cancer? There is a great group of women on ivillage.com who have a breast cancer board which I often visit and occasionally post on. If you aren't there, you might like to check them out. Here's a big and a piece of welcoming : for you.
Unread 09-08-2002, 07:14 PM
New Here

Welcome Ty!
I think you are really going to like this site. The ladies are wonderful, kind, caring, supportive, smart and experienced. It has been invaluable to me.

I hope you recover quicky from your surgeries. Watch comedies if you can. Norman Cousins claimed it boosted his immune system and helped him sleep pain free. Get your family to bring you funny videos.

Good Luck and nice to meet you.

Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register