The End Of Chemo!! Yippee | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The End Of Chemo!!  Yippee The End Of Chemo!! Yippee

Unread 09-12-2002, 02:05 PM
The End Of Chemo!! Yippee

JUST A LITTLE NOTE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THIS AFTERNOON I FINISHED MY LAST CHEMO TREATMENT AND BOY AM I THRILLED!! MADE IT THRU 6 OUT OF6 TREATMENTS WITH VERY MINIMIAL SIDE EFFECTS.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FROM HYSTER SISTERS FOR ALL THIER CONSTANT SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT.IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR SUCCESS STORIES AND RELATE TO PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING THRU THE SAME THING YOU ARE. WHETHER YOU BELIVE IT OR NOT, MANY OF MY FEARS AND CONCERNS WERE PUT TO REST AND ANSWERED HERE.
I HAVE TO SEE MY ONCOLOGIST IN 2 WEEKS AND AT THAT TIME WE WILL DISCUSS WHAT COMES NEXT..DOES ANYONE REALLY KNOW WHAT MAY COME NEXT? I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME IDEA SO THAT WHEN I TALK TO HER WE CAN CONVERSE BETTER.
AM GOING OUT FOR DINNR TO CELEBRATE.
THANK YOU AGAIN TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR CONSTANT SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT.
lOVE
ROSALIE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2002, 02:46 PM

s Rosalie

Congratulations!!!!!! You must be so pleased. Go out to dinner and celebrate for sure. Be proud of your great attitude as well.
In two weeks you will probably get another ca125. My onc did one last check after that last chemo before I began a three month schedule. I also had another CAT Scan about one month after the last chemo.
He may also discuss consolidation therapy with you. That is to continue taxol on a once a month basis for up to a year. Some studies show this may help you to hold onto your remission longer. It is still very controversial at this time, but many women do this. My own onc was strongly against it.
I'll be curious to see what your onc says about it.

karenann
Unread 09-12-2002, 03:21 PM

HOORAY, ROSALIE YIPEE!!

I AM SO GLAD IT'S OVER FOR YOU. THE BEST PART IS YOU, YOURSELF MUST BE SO RELIEVED.

GO OUT AND HAVE A NICE DINNER TO : YOU SURE
DESERVE IT.
WHILE YOUR OUT THERE , FINISH UP YOUR DINNER WITH A BIG SUNDAE, LOTS OF CHOCOLATE TOO!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2002, 04:26 PM

Rosalie!!
Such good news!! What a day this is for you. I remember my last chemo day and it really is a relief to be finished.

Now its time to get on with life, and look at this as a stepping stone. We never forget it, but once its finished it has its place and will make you stronger. My feeling is, if we can get through chemo anything else that comes along is a minor bump in the road and we can get through it as well.

So happy for you (((((Rosalie)))))
I agree with Puppy...this definately calls for :!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 09-12-2002, 04:55 PM

HOORAY FOR ROSALIE!

How wonderful you must be feeling about now. Way to go! Absolutely enjoy every bite of that dinner. You can always ask for a doggie bag for that and bring some back to share with us! We always love a good .

Congratulations, Rosalie!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register