Sunrise! Spent the night in the ER. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sunrise!  Spent the night in the ER. Sunrise! Spent the night in the ER.

Unread 09-13-2002, 04:30 AM
Sunrise! Spent the night in the ER.

Oh good, it's 6:23 a.m. and the oncology clinic in the hospital opens at 8. I can cancel the 9:40 appointment because I have the blood counts in front of me. Those white cells, ten days post chemo, just keep rising, as do those neutrophils. No neupogen. Those red cells are in the basement and sinking. I'm thinking maybe we need to look at those counts more closely. Like hemoglobin is 9.2 (normal is 12.1) and hematocrit is 27.7 (normal is 36). No, we have no idea why I had two major bouts of abdominal pain today--one around 4-4:30 that eased up some and a second about midnight that was so bad I called the HMO Nurse on Call who said to go to the ER because it could be mimicking heart again. (Pain went from top of incision to bottom, then from right side around the back and then would bounce to the left side and i'm talking 8 on a scale of 10. ) That's fine. No kidney stone either--they x-rayed--so either the first radiologist misread an xray or else if it was there, it's gone so fast I didn't detect it. Gallbladder is OK. Liver function is good. Kidney that's left is just fine and gee, there isn't even any blood in the urine which is normal. No obstruction. No trapped pockets of methane. No ascites. No hernia. They're clueless as to what happened but did say if it happens again I should return. I also need to take it easy for a couple days with diet (I planned that!) and check with my regular doctor. Also hope I don't run into THIS ER doctor ever again--I think he took lessons from my first oncologist on how to treat patients, and he learned VERY well. In other words, if it weren't for the recurrence--I'm very healthy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2002, 04:53 AM

s and s to you Margaret

I am so sorry you had to spend the night in the ER and with "Dr. Personality" too. Yuk Yuk Yuk.

And frustrating too becuase of no answers. Glad that most reports came out ok, though. That IS a positive, even if it adds to the frustration.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Mary Ann
Unread 09-13-2002, 05:00 AM

(((Ellen)))

You just can't get a break, can you? I'm sorry you had to go to the ER!. That's no way to spend an evening. And why can't one of the docs from "ER" ever be in the ER (not the short bald surgeon who was mean and rude--one of the cute, nice ones. Can you tell I didn't watch the show much?)? Where do they find these people?

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and 'ers. Please take care of yourself and let us know how you are getting along.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2002, 09:57 AM

margaret,

you are in my

ginny
Unread 09-13-2002, 12:50 PM

((((Ellen))))
I am so sorry to hear you were in the hospital all night!!! They sure did some checking things out though by the sounds of it. Good lord, 8 out of 10 scale pain is awful Ellen. I am so glad you went to the hospital although I just know how hard it is to be there all night.

Hopefully you won't need to return with this again. Listen to those doctors and rest up for the weekend and drop around here for hugs when ya need them too this weekend dear lady!!! We are all here for ya!! Keeping good thoughts and prayers for you always!!
M. xoxoxo
Unread 09-13-2002, 03:08 PM

s Ellen

Glad to hear you are feeling better this morning and all the xrays were good!
Those blood counts are really strange, I agree. The low RBC's and hemoglobin and hematocrit are reacting quite normally and proably around their lowest right now. But the WBC's and neutrophils going up?????
That is strange. Could there possibly be an infection somewhere? But even if there was an infection, I would have thought the WBC's would have been unable to arise to the occasion to fight it off. You are a specimen dear woman, in more ways than one. Love you!!!

s karenann
Unread 09-14-2002, 07:55 AM

Margaret,

You are in my thoughts and prayers !

Love,

Lana
Unread 09-14-2002, 12:18 PM

VERY HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR FEELING BETTER. BOY!! A PERSON IS IN PAIN AND SICK ENOUGH AND THEN HAS TO PUT UP WITH A NON-CARING DOCTOR TO TOP IT OFF GEEZ. ELLEN , TAKE HEART
YOUR A TOUGH COOKIE AND A REAL SWEETIE ALL ROLLED INTO ONE

SO, TRY THE DIET IT'S GOOD NEWS EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT O.K.!!
MY PRAYERS AND GOOD THOUGHTS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU.
Unread 09-15-2002, 12:32 AM

Hi Margaret,
I read your post and am thinking about you. I am sending prayers and good energy.

Judy
Unread 09-16-2002, 02:03 PM

((Ellen))

Am I too late???? Being out of town is fun, but I miss to much. When you run across one of those DRs, pretend you're tripping and kind of push him down. He can't do anything, you're a cancer patient. Might as well get a giggle where you can. Admitably, the next day you'd probably feel bad about decking the guy, but even thinking about it makes me feel better. ERs ****. One time I was waiting for my DD to get her arm xrayed and was reading a book. I forgot the name of the book was Malpractice. I wondered why they took my DD so quickly .

Good thoughts for you, sweetie,
s,
Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register