Weight Lost | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-13-2002, 03:13 PM
Weight Lost

I have been battling with my stomach and bowel problem now for about 2 months and I have lost about 10 pounds. My problems is the gerd and the nausea of stomach makes it impossible for me to eat like I use too. Has anyone experience this problem?

My colonoscopy came back fine. Now I am apt to ask for another test just to rule anything else out. (like an endoscope) I needed to lose weight but not this way. I love to eat so I am not sarving myself. My gi seems to think it is depression. I am not depress i am just nausea towards the middle and end of the day. I am fine in the morning because by then everything has moved on (if you now what I mean).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2002, 06:40 PM
Weight Lost

Has dr. done an ultrasound to check gallbladder? I had a lot of weight loss and nausea that was due to the gallbladder and some medicine for the gallbladder took care of the nausea almost immediately. I had been depressed over my mom's death but when the nausea from the gallbladder illness went away I started to gain weight and eat better. Hope you find out what it is.
Unread 09-14-2002, 09:19 AM
Weight Lost

Jazitones,
My has been concerned with my recent weight loss also. The scale shows about a 10lb loss but I think I look like I've lost more. I am on a special diet due to Candida Albicans and other food allergies. I did just have a CT Scan to recheck my pancreas but that turned out okay.

I have the opposite of you in that I am nauseated in the morning but it seems to get a bit better towards the end of the day.

I don't have any answers for you, but understand how you feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Weight Lost

Oh Kim I have that morning nausea too, although yesterday it lasted all day
(((Jazitones))) Something is going on with you and I hope they can sort it out soon. Whenever I get ill with something I lose weight very easily, despite a concerted effort to keep eating (well it's not much of an effort really, I like eating ) I've lost only about 7lbs this time as opposed to 14 this time last year, so I'm winning!
Sending gentle hugs to you!
Unread 09-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Thanks ladies

I just started taking zoloft and I am wondering if the medicine is making me sick. Today I feel okay I spent the day with my mother and actually pigged out on pizza. I know I am going to pay later. My doctor also says that it could be depression. I do have some personal problems going on right now.

Thanks ladies.
Unread 09-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Weight Lost

What is your dose of Zoloft? One of the medicines most common side effects is GI upset/nausea/diarrhea. I started Zoloft 2 weeks ago and began on 25mg for about 6 days then went to 50mg. For the last 2 days I have taken 75mg with the goal to titrate to 100mg. The dose ranges from 50mg to 200mg with the usual being 100mg. I'm glad you got to enjoy your pizza, it's nice to feel normal and pig out on something fun like that and hopefully you didn't have any problems later. Take care, judy
Unread 09-15-2002, 05:16 PM
I am paying for that action now!

My stomach is not doing to well for the pig out action. I am currently on 25mg. My dr hasn't suggested a higher dosage, however I going to ask him could I increase it to 50mg. I think i need to.
Unread 09-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Weight Lost

It takes a while for antidepressants to kick in, but Zoloft 25 mg is a very small dose. It is a good one to begin with, but it's a good idea to talk with your doc about upping it a bit if you are not getting results. It doesn't hit you like wham - kind of subtle but when it's theraputic you should feel better. Did you have a doc appt today? Judy
Unread 09-16-2002, 06:14 PM
Thanks

I am in the process of changing doctors and I can't get an appointment until Oct. In the meantime I am going to have live on a wing and a prayer. Thanks
Unread 09-17-2002, 04:27 AM
Weight Lost

{{{Jazi}}}
Unfortunately I know that feeling, living on a wing and a prayer. Good luck with the new doctor and I hope he/she holds some answers for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register