long time no see | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

long time no see long time no see

Unread 09-15-2002, 01:16 PM
long time no see

Hi Sisters,

I haven't been around much, thought I was "passed" needing to come here, but "here" seems to be a place my heart has brought me back to. I've read so many posts about depression, and, oh how I can relate. I was depressed before my hyst, and thought it would be the magical cure for my sadness. I was gonna recover and get out there and show the world what I had to offer. Physically I am SOOOOOOO much better, but the depression lingers. I know it's not hyst related, and for that I hope this post is not intrusive. I've built walls around me to protect others from getting hurt by me. I stay to myself, don't go out at all, just go to work, come home and play with my kitties and dink around some on the computer. Met a nice man at work, we spend lots of time talking on the phone, but, except for me taking him to dinner for his birthday, we've never gone "out". Turns out he's attached to the apron strings of his younger niece, who doesn't like me. I've never met her, but she doesn't like me. So if she says no, he doesn't call. If I call and she's there, he says he'll call me later. Too weird. I'm 48 years old, not gonna play that game.

I got my annual review at work and was told that no one likes me. That everyone is afraid of me, that I've created a hostile environment in my office. (Geeze, I wish I had that kind of power over people). So, I said, well then, fire me. He says nooooo, your work is second to none, I don't know what we'd do without you. Talk about mixed signals.

I know you don't have the answers for me, I need to find them in my own heart, but a few s and for a lonely sister sure would be nice!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2002, 03:14 PM
long time no see

Debijos to you sweetie..

I am sorry you are feeling this way....Do you take any antidepressants????????

I know I can't seem to do without them since my surgery.... Keeps me balanced in my mood swings and just handling everyday life....

I still find that I can't take as much as I use to before the surgery....I don't take hrt so I have to find my balance through natural supplements........

Are you on hrt?????? Please call your dr and let him/her know how you feel.........

You sister are welcomed here anytime

God bless and keep us posteds..SIS
Unread 09-15-2002, 03:18 PM
long time no see

Hi DebiJo,
I have been thinking about you, Here are some Cyber s s and a few Sorry to hear that you are dealing with depression, you can come her anytime for hugs and chocolates. I miss talking to you in chat, you were always so kind and sweet to me, as far as your work situation, mixed signals is right, You can't be all that hostile, if he wants you to stay. You just hold your head up high and hang in there. I will keep you in my prayers, Love Ya!

God Bless you and keep you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2002, 09:03 PM
long time no see

{{{{{{{DebiJo}}}}}}I, like Shirley, miss you in chat....especially when we talked about your cats if you know what I mean.. I am sorry you are feeling so lonely and depressed. If only I could come there and shake you and tell you what a great lady you are. But you are right........you need to find the answers in your own heart. Easier said than done! But I pray that some day soon you will see how special you are. Hey, who cares if they don't like you at work......maybe they are jealous of you because you are a super employee! I just want you to know I care about you and hope my s make you feel a little bit better......

Emily Louise
Unread 09-15-2002, 09:53 PM
long time no see

debyjo
It's great to meet you! Sounds like to me you must have a bunch of jealous co workers. That's why I work by myself
I have kitties too. Thomas, Maggie , JC, Sam , Hannah and Vinny, all siamese . Aren't they wonderful? My "empty nest " kids! I'm sorry your feeling so down. You can come here and vent anytime. That's what sisters are for. We love to pass out 's too. Sis is right , have you told your dr. about how you feel? I am a little bit of a wall builder myself. People have to come to me, I don't go to them. This site has helped. I'm a firm believer in this "woman helping woman" format Kathy has created. We *need* each other and by reaching out to others, we can help ourself. Stick around and keep chatting , we *all* care about you.
Unread 09-18-2002, 06:07 AM
long time no see

(((((DebiJo)))))

We sure do miss you around here!! :cry: I'm sorry to hear that you are still having troubles with depression. Could you talk with your Dr about possibly changing your meds (IF you are taking anything now)? I found that the anti-depressant that I was taking prior to the hyst (which worked great for me) totally stopped working, the Dr ending up changing it and now it's under control again.

As for work....I still swear that's the worst 4 letter word we use here! LOL I've got the same problem honey, everyone is trying to be "Queen Bee" and it can be fierce at times. I just want to be left alone to do my job and go home.....some people just don't get it. You spend so much time there, it only make sense to get along.

Sending you LOTS of s and TONS of

We're rooting for you sister, don't give up!
Unread 09-18-2002, 06:32 PM
thanks

To all of you who responded so warmly, thank you so much!!!

I've been on Prozac for longer than I can remember, and my therapist would like to try Effexor, but my GP just had a double mastectomy and won't be back in the office til Nov. I don't feel comfortable talking about this with the Dr. that is covering for her, so I'm going to hang in and wait til Nov to talk to her in person. I am on HRT and I think I'm doing fine with that. I guess my biggest problem is that I expect everyone else at work to be as capable and accurate and efficient as I am, and when they're not, I get "excited" as my boss says. It's all in everyone's perception of me. If they perceive me as hostile, that's their problem. The best part is that this "boss" has been transferred to another facility, and I have a new boss. A boss that is actually human, and I'm hoping that future reviews will be less negative. Time will tell.

I'm taking a couple vacation days starting Friday, and hope that a few days away from the nut-house will help.

s to all of you!!!!!!

I'd share the but I think I need it more right now than you do!!! LOL
Unread 09-18-2002, 06:52 PM
long time no see

(((((DebiJo)))))

I so hope those couple of days off help you honey!

Can the therapist you're seeing help you with the med adjustment? I can fully understand you wanting to wait for your GP though, I just want you to feel better!

I was on Paxil before the surgery and it really worked well, but afterwards...oh my! A lot of my meno symptoms were caused by the Paxil. I was put on Effexor 75 mg and within a couple of days I started feeing a difference. I've since increased to Effexor 37.5mg in the AM and 75 mg in the PM, but as with ANY med, you just need to fine tune it.

How about possibly doing a hormone level too? Maybe you're getting either too much or not enough HRT...that stuff is all so confusing to me! Another thing you might want to check out is your thyroid. I've had a thyroid problem on and off since I was 16, goes from low to normal back to low and then high. Right now it's low and I'm taking Levolyx.

Sending you loving HUGS that you start feeling better.

Love & Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register