I Love Progesterone and MY UPDATE - 5 WEEKS POST-OP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Love Progesterone and MY UPDATE - 5 WEEKS POST-OP I Love Progesterone and MY UPDATE - 5 WEEKS POST-OP

Unread 09-15-2002, 01:45 PM
MY UPDATE 5 WEEKS POST-OP AND I LOVE PROGESTERONE

Friday I saw my Doctor again, makes the 4th time since my surgery, he sure believes on keeping tabs on his hyst patients. He told me I was just one of those slow healing people and I had to continue just taking it easy, that we would have to just walk through all this together. Said he felt the pain in my right side was just the muscle and nerves healing, and again...don't overdo it, and come back in 2 weeks, started me on the Celebrex again to help with inflammation.

I am now taking Estrace 2 mg every morning and Prometrium 100 mg at bedtime. I just have to say that I LOVE progesterone. I started on Estrace 2 mg, increased to 4mg a day. Took anti-depressant for awhile, which only made me not be able to sleep at all. I felt like a lunatic, crying, one night I even though life was just not worth living, the whole bit, was starving all the time on the 4 mg and gained 8 lbs. Progesterone has made a difference in my emotional life, my sleeping is much better and have basically just calmed down.

At week 1 post-op I felt good, by week 2 I felt horrible and back and forth between feeling good and bad. Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks post-op and today for the first time in quite a while I am feeling good, actually better than long before my surgery. I have learned (the hard way) what I can and can't do and am finally listening to my body, am doing more but take frequent rest periods.

I just want to say THANKS for all the great information and support. I could not have made it this well without this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2002, 02:12 PM
I Love Progesterone and MY UPDATE - 5 WEEKS POST-OP

Josey I'm so happy to hear about how much better you're doing now. It sounds like you've found the way that works for you... progesterone and taking it a little easy. Thanks for such a positive post!

-Linda
Unread 09-15-2002, 02:13 PM
I Love Progesterone and MY UPDATE - 5 WEEKS POST-OP

Hi Josey,
Your doctor sounds great. I am 6 weeks post TAH and have only seen my doctor once at 2 1/2 weeks... that's all. I have called a few times for help but he just does diagnosis over the phone through a third person (his medical asst). It is a little disconcerting. I am so glad I did not have my ovary taken out as he recommended because I am sure I would have become lost in the hormone jungle....

I am concerned that my left ovary is starting to act up but I refuse to call anymore and will just wait to see if it gets worse or goes away.. I don't really know what is going on and it would be nice to know. My FP is new to me and I had two bad experiences with my GYN problems and getting misdiagnosed by FP docs so I will just have to wait it out and see,

Best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register