Question about cold medicine and encouragment for those waiting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about cold medicine and encouragment for those waiting Question about cold medicine and encouragment for those waiting

Unread 09-16-2002, 08:15 AM
Question about cold medicine and encouragment for those waiting

I'm one week from having surgery (9/23) and this morning I feel a cold coming on. Before I call my doctor, can anyone give me a suggestion as to something I can take that would not be a problem. I really hope I don't have to postpone surgery because I don't think I could handle the wait. I had been pretty nervous last week when I went for my pre-op but when I got back to the office my calendar for the day had Psalm 118:6 which says "The Lord is for me, so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?" This calendar was written two years ago, but God knew what I would need that very day. Hope this helps, it sure did me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2002, 08:32 AM
HI!!! know the felling...

Breathe...relax....know that you are gonna feel better after you feel worse and know that God has his hand on you and everything is going to be wonderful soon!!!

I too am waiting ....14 days and counting..thought i was stressing last week boy its not getting any easier...the thought above is the one that gets me through the worse moments....hope it may help...

I had a sinuse infection/ ear infection last week...went to the doctor and he gave me, what he called, a z-pack...30 days of antibotic taken in 5 days....and he assured me that i would be ok before 9/30....

take plenty of deep breaths and know that you are not alone in this time of torture...lol....it will be wonderful soon!!!

God Bless you...

Talina
TAH (possible b/s/o)...9/30/02....cin111 and pcos
Unread 09-16-2002, 08:52 AM
Question about cold medicine and encouragment for those waiting

Hi there!

Be sure and mention this to your DR.... now - so steps can be taken to be sure your lungs are clear for your surgery. If your lungs are congested, surgery may have to be postponed.

I had knee surgery many years ago after a bout with bronchitis. I was feeling better, but evidently my lungs were still not totally clear, and they told me I almost died from choking in surgery and in the recovery room. I was in such distress that I yanked my IV out of my arm (without realizing it) which could have caused big problems, too.

Now, with this surgery, abdominal surgery, coughing is definitely not something you need to be doing alot of.

So, it's good that you are bringing this up and not taking this lightly; please call your DR's office today and have them advise you about this.

Best wishes and s to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register