5-FU starting next week, info? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5-FU starting next week, info? 5-FU starting next week, info?

Unread 09-16-2002, 11:31 AM
5-FU starting next week, info?

Ladies,
I got my path report from last weeks vaginal biopsy (LAVH in Dec 01 for CIS cervix). Was in a little bit of a shock and didn't ask the doctor too much. Path says "marked alteration of maturation thought the full thickness, no invasive component seen", don't know if that means anything to anyone. To me it just means it's not spreading but that full thickness can't be good.
I go to oncologist next Friday to start weekly treatments of 5-FU inter-vaginally. Has anyone had this done? If so how does it feel, side-effects, ect.? I have checked the usual sites and haven't turned up anything on anything but the clinical side. In 6-10 weeks of treatment, it just seems that putting Drano up there can't feel too good.
I need to know if I will need to make arrangements for help with my daughter and the animals or if I will be feeling fine. I asked the doctor and he said since you don't have much feeling in the upper third of the vagina, it shouldn't be too bad. But he is a man. If it does hurt, does it last all week or just for the day? How about the hour ride back and forth? Will that hurt? Side affects? All I can find is if it is injected.
You women have always amazed me with everything that you have gone though that you can still take the time to help others. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2002, 12:25 PM

Hi, Pam,
I'm so sorry this is continuing for you. It's good you're going to see an oncologist and fighting on.

I'm sorry I can't help you with any information about the procedure (I had a different type of cancer), but I just wanted to give you a and let you know I'll be sending good thoughts your way.
Laura
Unread 09-16-2002, 02:59 PM

SOMEONE SHOULD BE ALONG SHORTLY AS I HAD A DIFFERNT KIND OF CANCER AND WOULD BE OF LITTLE HELP TO YOU. I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU A BIG AND BEST OF LUCK, MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU TOO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Prayers and Hugs Too--I tried to help

I went to a few good sources I use and rely on and found nothing on the intra-vaginal form except that the area treated may look unusual during and for a while after treatment. Hope someone here can help. It would be a good idea to line people up for the first treatment at least (I encourage getting a ride back/forth in case you don't want to drive) and hopefully you can "retire" them early. Best wishes.
Unread 09-16-2002, 06:36 PM

s Pam

I don't have any info for you, unfortunately. I do think you should make some arrangements for your daughter and animals. At least until you know how well you tolerate the 5FU. As far as the doc saying there is not much feeling in the top one third of the vagina........... I think I have a pretty high pain threshold. Last month my gyn onc removed some granulation tissue from the top of my vagina, and ouch............ It was very unpleasant.
I hope you share the ins and outs of your treatment with us, when you feel
up to it. Could be a first on this forum.
Best wishes.

karenann
Unread 09-16-2002, 07:22 PM

Hi Pam!!

I'm sorry, I don't have any information to share that might help you but also wanted to add my thoughts and some more 's coming your way.

I hope this procedure won't be too difficult on you and that you'll have minimal or better yet, no side effects.

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register