I'm getting involved!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm getting involved!! I'm getting involved!!

Unread 09-17-2002, 05:02 PM
I'm getting involved!!

s to all my CC sisters

I'm getting ready for a busy four days. Tomorrow my sister from S Carolina is flying to NJ. Early Thursday morning we will be driving down to Washington DC for the fifth annual OvCa Natl Alliance Conference. I had wanted to attend last year but was in the midst of chemo. So, now I am on my way.
Here I will meet with many ladies who share my diagnosis and get to hear the lastest on ovca research, treatments, and etc. And would you believe the event begins with a Congressional Reception????
We'll return to NJ late Saturday night. On Sunday I'll be participating in the ovarian cancer Walk for the Whisper in Phila. along with family and friends.
After the walk I will get to speak publicly for the first time. I plan to tell my story of life with ovarian cancer in the hope of inspiring someone newly diagnosed. Of course hystersisters and this fabulous forum will be prominently mentioned.
You will all be with me in spirit.
PS Margaret: I know many of your best cyber friends will be in Washington with me. Maybe next year you and I can share a room and both attend.
You gotta believe it can happen!!!!!!

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2002, 05:27 PM
I'm getting involved!!

Karenann,

This sounds awesome. I wish you and your sister safe traveling and look forward to hearing all about this national conference when you get back.

's
Unread 09-17-2002, 05:53 PM
I Know Many Women Going

Off my "big" list. Hope you and your sister have fun. If anyone wants to know what I look like: here's where you can find me.
www.ovca.net
click on "garden" and go to page 7.
Sigh--still own the property; close to sell it 9/30/02--this was my back yard...
I'm sure a few will recognize me by my real name I use there:
Ellen Esser
say Hi from Ellen on the Acor.org board
AND HAVE FUN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2002, 06:36 PM
I'm getting involved!!

Hi Ellen
I had never been to the Garden on that site. It is mesmerizing!!!! And you are as beautiful as I imagined!!! Back to the garden........ oxkaren
Unread 09-18-2002, 01:43 AM
I'm getting involved!!

Karenann,
That is exciting. I wish you the best for an enjoyable/productive trip with your sister. I'll bet the public speaking will be the most fun thing you do.
May I give you one tip that has helped me? You know how we all have characters inside of us...I have the obnoxious customer, the sweet elementary school teacher, the annoyed school teacher, the laughing wife, the nagging wife...well find the most pleasant, intelligent, beautiful character you have in there. Think of all her attributes and picture her speaking and everyone loving her. When you go to speak your voice, face, handmotions, intentions will match this ideal person and people will enjoy listening to you. And pretend you are talking to your best friend and they want to hear everything you have to say. Look at the main people on the platform and paint your sister's face and body over theirs. Pretend you are telling the story to her. You won't need to read, that's deadly. But do have notes.
Unread 09-18-2002, 01:46 AM
I'm getting involved!!

Safe travels ((((Karen)))))
Your committment and driving spirit for this cause are truly admirable!! I am sure this entire weekend will impact your life in many ways and I know you will come back with lots of info to share with us.
Have a great safe trip!!
M. xoxoxo
Unread 09-18-2002, 01:51 AM
I'm getting involved!!

It's me again, it posted accidentally. These tricks work for me. I have had to speak before many government boards.
Again, do have your talk all mapped out but just have brief notes like a road map. You will be great because you are speaking from the heart and are sincere. You are going to be dynamic and compelling. Have fun.

Judy

P.S. Margaret/Ellen, you are a good looking woman! I had a stereotype of how a Margaret looks because I had a great aunt Margaret who was 90 something when I was a kid.
Unread 09-18-2002, 06:48 AM
Safe trip

Karenann-Have a safe and fulfilling trip. Please give us a report when you return. I know you will do great with your public speaking. Ovca needs a great spokeswoman like you.
Safe travels.
Ruth S.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register