Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-18-2002, 09:24 AM
Surgery

HI I am so glad I found this board. I just had a couple of questions. I am having my pre-op tomorrow and then on Tuesday I will be having my surgery. I don't know how they will be doing it. I think they are opening up one of my c-section scars. ?? I am not familiar with all the lingo. I am 41. But I wanted to know how recovery is? And how long do you think I will be in the hospital? I have Kaiser Insurance? Thanks.
Kathie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2002, 09:57 AM
Surgery

s Kathie

Most of the ladies that have had hysterectomies on this forum, have done so because of cancer. Our recoveries were probably a bit different than yours will be. You might find more information applicable to yourself if you post on the pre op and post op forums. Best wishes to you.

karenann
Unread 09-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Surgery

Hi Kathie and welcome!

I'm so glad you've found us also! This is a wonderful place to ask questions and get lots of information and support.

It would help if you would share why you are having your hyst. Have you been diagnosed with cancer or is it suspected? If so, the women on the Cancer Concerns forum are some of the best on the planet! Very strong, knowledgeable and always armed with lots of s to share!

If you are having your hyst for another reason, then I agree with KarenAnne, the Pre-Op forum and then the Post-Op will be most beneficial for you.

Here is a link to the HS Home Page. https://www.hystersisters.com/ There is a lot of information, including drop down menus, that will help you prepare for your surgery. You can also get to the other message board areas from there.

Let us know how things are going and if you need help getting around the boards, just "holler"!

Best wishes and s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2002, 04:12 PM
Surgery

Thank you. The board is great but so confusing. Yes. I need to go to the PreOp board. I already tried but could not figure out how to leave a message. It didn't look the same as this board.
Thanks.
Kathie
Unread 09-19-2002, 03:08 AM
Surgery

Hi Kathie,

From this page, or actually from almost any page on the HS Boards, you can get to the other areas easily by using the Forum Jump at the bottom of the page.

Next to where it says Forum Jump, there is a drop down menu. Click the down arrow next to the box, and highlight (click) the forum where you want to go (in this case Pre-Op) and then click GO. This will take you directly there. I'm also putting a link here for you: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...=23&daysprune=

There are a lot of areas in HysterSisters, but I'm sure you'll learn your way around. And in the process, I hope you find it as fun as I did when I was learning my way around!

Best wishes and s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register