My actual results from | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My actual results from My actual results from

Unread 09-20-2002, 06:44 PM
My actual results from

my cone biopsy are as follows:

Invasive non keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix invasion extends to 4.5 mm in depth. Focal endocervical margin involvement (12-2 oclock position) extensive high grade dysplasia and carcinoma in situ. Multifocal areas of squamous metaplasia atypical metaplasia andmetaplastic dysplasia .

endocervical curretting benign endocervical gland mucosa with squamous metaplasia and atypical squamous metaplasia

endometrial curreting late secretory endometriumwith focal mild cystic gland changes

remarks-the cervical cone shows extensive high grade dysplasia carcinoma in situ and invasive carcinoma. The invasive carcinoma focally involves the endocervical cone margin in the 12-2 oclock position the tumorin this area and focally in another block near 6 oclock shows fairly deep invasions measuring 4.5 mm on the microscopic slice. No vascular invasion shown.

So my gyn said he thinks i am at stage 1A but how can he be sure and will the node biopsy be the definitive answer. How bad am I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2002, 06:49 PM
My actual results from

My endo c was a stage 1a. with endo c 1a is not invasive beyond the initial site and only needs surgery. Ask your doc if your biopsy showed your cancer to be well or poorly differientated. A well differientiated cancer is slow growing....poorly is more agressive. My surgeon sampled my lymphnodes and all were clear...The best news ever.
Unread 09-20-2002, 07:54 PM
My actual results from

Hi! I had a radical hysterectomy on June 4 for cervical cancer, stage 1b. I received my pathology report about my 3rd day in the hospital, my lymph nodes were clear so no further treatment is needed at this time. Have you seen an gyn/oncologist ? Are you scheduled for surgery yet? I know it is scary, but the surgery was really not too bad for me and I have recovered pretty quickly, I hope the same for you. Good Luck and God Bless!
Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2002, 06:27 AM
My actual results from

HI,
ARE YOU SEEING A ONOC/GYNE??? THESE ARE THE DOCTORS YOU WANT, WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM OF THIS SORT. THEY ARE THE EXPERTS IN THIS. I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU SEE A ONOC/GYNE AND ASK ALOT OF QUESTIONS.
GOOD LUCK, HANG IN THERE.
Unread 09-22-2002, 11:37 AM
My actual results from

Yes I am seeing a gyn/oncologist.
Unread 09-23-2002, 10:34 AM
My actual results from

PerryCindy,

I too have cervical cancer. I had a cone bio in May 02 and a TAH in Aug 02. The cone did not show invasive cancer, but when the pathology report came back it showed invasive cancer of the cervix, greater than 3mm. My OB/GYN referred me to Louisville, at Norton's Woman's Pavillion to see a GYN/ONC. He explained different treatment options, radiation or another surgery, I opted for the surgery. It will be a radical hysterectomy, meaning removal of the lymphnodes and tissue which surrounded my cervix and uterus which of course I no longer have. Good for you the results from your cone showed exactly where the cancer is at, and not like in my case hidden and back to surgery. If you like you can e-mail me, I saw you were referred to Louisville also. My GYN/ONC is Dr. Metzinger and my new surgery date is OCt 1, 2002
Andrea
Unread 09-23-2002, 05:47 PM
My actual results from

Mine is Dr. Doering at the Louisville Oncology Center in Suburban Medical Center. I am only 39 and I keep wondering why. Must be a personality defect.
Unread 09-23-2002, 06:54 PM
My actual results from

What is it specifically that you are wondering why about? If it's the "why me?" question, I wish we could answer that for you and for each of us. But if there's something else, I want to make sure that we help you if we can.

It's a difficult thing, isn't it? Remember, we are always here for you.
Unread 09-24-2002, 10:35 AM
My actual results from

I think all of us....certainly myself...ask why me? why didn't i notice something not right before? why did I not insist on more testing when I first discussed the problem with the gyn? Why did I accept the initial diagnosis that the problems were just a result of perimenopause? Why did I breathe a sigh of relief when told it was just per-menopause when I deep down felt it was something more (probably because I was told what I wanted to hear....nothing wrong, just normal).What if's can drive you nuts. Right now I have decided I cannot do a thing about before or what I didnt do or what test the dr should have ordered...all I can do now is be very pro-active about my health care. The past is the past and I am concentrating on a long healthy future.
I know how stressful this part is....pre-surgery....before you know everything, but in most cases our minds make things much gloomier than they actually turn out to be.
This site is a great place to come for those gloomy moments. Let those of us that have been there help to hold you up now.
Chris
Unread 09-25-2002, 02:36 PM
hang in there!

Hi Perrycindy,

Just wanted to give you a big hug and say hang in there. If you need to vent, ask questions, or commiserate, this is a good place to do it! Sounds like your doc is on top of things, that's good news.

The waiting for surgery is the hardest part, in my humble opinion. It is scary, to say the least, not knowing what to expect. There are lots of people here who have been in similar situations that will support you every step of the way!

Hang in there!

Chicklet

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register