shower stool and grab bar | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

shower stool and grab bar shower stool and grab bar

Unread 09-22-2002, 02:59 PM
shower stool and grab bar

One thing I really want to be able to do after is take showers without a problem. I remember from my last surgery that for the first week or so, I would have to shower but wash my hair later because of weakness after standing there too long.

So this time, I wanted to get a shower stool and a grab bar in hopes not only of safety but a COMPLETE shower.

I searched all over. Most shower stools were $70. The lowest I had seen was $65. You can rent them but I figured money on rental is just gone; owning one would be money well spent because it will probably come in handy in the future, if not for me for family and friends.

I even tried looking at camping stools, lawn chairs etc but all were too wide to go into the tub safely.

I had given up...my surgery is Tuesday. BUT...tonight I found them both at Walmarts. The stool is $43. and the screw on guard rail was $23. Not great but do-able for me and much better than the other places!

I just wanted to pass this info along in case someone else was looking for one and having the same problem.

s
erasmuse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2002, 03:32 PM

Hi, erasmuse! Thanks for letting the LIWs benefit from all your research and shopping around! It's great how hystersisters help each other out and share their ideas. I found that I really enjoyed having a shower chair, and used it for 5 weeks! It really helps to be able to sit when you get tired (or feel faint) in the shower, and I always sat when I washed my hair. I found a small plastic patio chair that fit in the shower -- for about $5, but I'm not sure if it would fit into a tub. (You can place a hand towel across the seat so it's not so slippery.) My dh also used the chair to hold onto in the shower after he broke his hip! s and best wishes to you!
Ruthie
Unread 09-22-2002, 03:47 PM

Thanks for the heads up on those items and where to get them.

This is a great idea and can be a great help if having someone there with you is not possible.

Please do remember to follow your doctors orders about when you can to start showering and what to do about the incision, if you have one.

Good luck and best wishes on your upcomming castle stay!
Your crown will look beautiful on you!!!!
See you post op!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register