date almost here & getting really scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

date almost here & getting really scared date almost here & getting really scared

Unread 09-22-2002, 07:58 PM
date almost here & getting really scared

Ok I have passed nervous and am official terrified. Went shopping today to get the things I needed for the hospital, when I was doing the tummy pillow search it must of sunk and I started to shake inside the store. People must of thought I was nuts. How did you all get past the pre hospital jitters. I feel like I am going to be sick. I know I have to have this done but now that it is only tow days away (9/24) I am offically losing it here. Also thank you for the message posted below for the ladies in waiting for the big day, the poem helped but any other advice on settling the stomach, brain and nerves. I also want to thank everyone who has answered my other questions I have posted, this all happened so fast and I am truly blessed that I found this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2002, 08:16 PM

I'll be thinking of you the day of your surgery. When it is over and you are home, you will tell us that the waiting was the worst part. It truly is. I wish you an uneventful surgery, an easy recovery, and some peace of mind right now.
Best wishes to you.
Eileen
Unread 09-22-2002, 08:23 PM
scared

thank you its nice to know that peo[le are thinking about you. I guess thay say the waiting is the hardest part and I truly hope I will be back quickly saying it wasn't that bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2002, 01:44 PM

I had my TAH/BSO and appendix on 9-9-02 and was terrified. I did all the pre planning and searched every website (until I found this on of course!), I was a little obsessed. Now just two weeks post op, I feel pretty good. I got some of the best advise from this website. Cindy's hospital advise was the best. (in one of the pull down menus) I think I may have over packed for the hospital, but I wanted to be prepared! And I think I had some great nurses in the hospital that never let me get ahead of my pain. Being a fradiecat, I do not like to be in pain, so I opt for the meds, which my not help in the gas and consipation area, but I take a little Milk of mag at night and that helps things along.
I do have to admit, I feel alot better than I thought I would, and It did not hurt as much as I expected.
Now the part I am having trouble with is taking it easy! i am bending and picking up and being my freak self, and even went to work for a few hours today. This is the hardest part for me.
I will have you in my prayers, take care, and if you need anything, please email me.
I do not know how to do the hugs thing, but xoxox!
Unread 09-23-2002, 02:16 PM

Hi Bratlin
The pre-hospital jitters are part of the "waiting is the hardest part". Just hang in there----you are almost there and soon it will be behind you. Try to spend some time pampering yourself this evening--take a bubble bath, light some candles, listen to music.

If you feel you need some extra help with the anxiety, and if it's not too late, give your doctor's office a call and see if he can phone in a prescription for something to help calm you. Also, when you get to the hospital tomorrow let them know how afraid you are---they are there to help you. The "A" man will most likely give you a nice little "happy" coctail that will really take the edge off before going into surgery. Before you know it, you'll be awake and in recovery and it will be over!

Big 's to you---many good thoughts coming your way!
Unread 09-23-2002, 02:23 PM

Bratlin,

I hope that your nerves have calmed down some. Your wait is almost over. And yes, waiting is the hardest part. Wait until you see how fast your recovery time flies by.

I remember how nervous I was. I even locked my keys in the car one day at work. I had to take the bosses truck home to get my other keys. Only problem was no one was home to open the locked door for me.....my key was locked in the car. The men at work just shook their heads and stayed clear of me for about 3 weeks before my surgery. They joke to me now about how crazy I was before the surgery, but they are also glad that I had it because of the pain that I was in.

So best of luck to you and lots of 's and 's for you.
Unread 09-23-2002, 06:10 PM

Hi Bratlin...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. My castle visit is scheduled for Wednesday, so I know what you're feeling.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register