rectocele | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-27-2002, 06:11 PM
rectocele

has anyone had a 2nd rectocele repair. I had a tvh with a&p repairs last year and now it seems that the rectocele is back. not bothersome now, but don't know if it will be in the future. If they have to repair it again, won't it keep falling. i thought it was taken care of the first time. very discouraging having it come back . i would appreciate any feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2002, 07:22 PM
rectocele

I'm interested in any info that you get (hope you don't mind). I had a tah/bso 9 weeks ago & was healing well, then last week I found a bulge that turned out to be a rectocele. Now I'm facing another surgery to repair it ( I've had 2 already this summer). If it can come back , I would just as soon wait as long as possible to have more surgery, I'd like a few pain free days first. BTW , I didn't have a rectocele until after my surgery , compliments of medication induced constipation I guess.
Unread 09-28-2002, 09:14 AM
rectocele

I had a rectocele repaired at the same time as my hyst and, always, I'm afraid that the repair will fail or that "something" else will drop. So far, so good

One thing I know, is that in order for repair procedures to be successful, you really need to avoid lifting and straining for.... ever . It can get really hard and might lead to a failed repair surgery.

I know that prolapse can be repaired again. I also know that my gyn used extra stitches in order the strenghten the pelvic floor. One of the them is the "annoying" husband's knot. I means that penetration is, somewhat, impaired (certain positions are harder or no longer possible) but it does protect against further prolapse. You could enquire about this.

Also, are you sure it is another rectocele you're dealing with? I find that hemoroids (sp?) can be similar to a rectocele, sometimes. You know, with all the internal swelling that goes on?

Another thought: if it is prolapse that has re-occurred, further surgery may not be required. Depending on the stage of the prolapse, pressaries and exercises might be enough to correct it. Here's a site where you can find out more on prolapse and the alternatives to surgery: http://pages.prodigy.com/prolapse.html/

Sending lots of healing s your way. And I wish you good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register