Ovarian Tumor LMP Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovarian Tumor  LMP Help! Ovarian Tumor LMP Help!

Unread 09-26-2002, 12:55 PM
Ovarian Tumor LMP Help!

Hi
Im new to this forum, im not sure if i should be posting this here, but the last post is right in my area so i decided to leave my story here, hope no one minds, thankyou.

I was diagnosed with endometriosis 2 yrs ago, when i underwent my first Diagnostic Laproscopic surgery...... (also found scar tissue, adhesiosn, found out i prone to cysts)

Here i am almost exactly 2 yrs to the date in Aug having had my 2nd Diagnostic Laproscopic Surgery, this time i had 2 incisions.

I found out from my Doctor that since i had endometriosis doing a CA-125 test wouldnt benefit me in finding out if i had Ovarian Cancer (i had concerns of it prior to the surgery)

at my post-op visit my dr told me he found a tumor during the surgery on the right ovary, and that he removed the tumor and half the right ovary.... and the tumor was sent to the Pathologist and it came back Papillary Serous Borderline Ovarian Tumor

and i was sent to see an Oncologist, which is when i found out its the same as Low Malignancy Potential.......pretty scary stuff

there is no history of this in my family, also i had a Tubal Ligation back in 1995 (which researching online Tubals are supose to reduce ur risk by 33%)

I go back to see my Gyn Dr, Monday, my pre-op visit, Im due in October to have the actual surgery, My Gyn and Oncologist will be performing the surgery, the Gyn will be doing the TAH and the Oncologist is doing the upper abdomen to check the area's under the "apron" the other organs and its possible they might be staging me.......

This is all very new to me, im 33 yrs old i have 3 children
and i still feel like i dont know enuff about my diagnosis.

Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2002, 11:19 AM
Ovarian Tumor LMP Help!

s Ksses

Welcome to Cancer Concerns.
Many of the ladies here have been diagnosed with the same type of ovarian tumor. I believe your prognosis is excellent. Having a gyn oncology surgeon participate in your surgery is the smartest thing you can do for yourself right now. As you anticipate your surgery day, I hope you spend some time on the pre and post op forums.
Johns Hopkins web site has an excellent area of information about your type of tumor. I strongly suggest you check them out.
Also use the search found on hystersisters right at the top of each page.
This will take you to threads dealing with the same situation as yourself.
In the meantime, feel free to visit with us for info, hugs and support as you get ready for the surgery.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

karenann
Unread 09-29-2002, 05:18 PM
lmp too

hi. I too was diagnosed with the same exact tumor last June. During the initial surgery, they removed my right ovary and tube. I went to see three different gyn/onc - sloan kettering being one -and they all said prognosis was excellent for these types of tumors and I could or could not have a hyst. I was 33. I waited for four months to make my decision about the hyst. I thought it was best for me to have it done. It will be a year this Oct. 15. They did a complete staging and it came back as stage 1B. Most of these tumors don't spread and even when they do the prognosis is still great. I'm glad that I had the hyst. I go every three months for my checkups and so far so good. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2002, 06:38 AM
Ovarian Tumor LMP Help!

Thank You karen i appreciate that, its nice knowing the support is here especially when it does come closer to surgery time....

beavis,

Thanks for the post, technically i was given the choice at the gyn ocologist, but the way he explained it to me, it was like how much of a chance do i want to take of this recurring....

it was explained to me that this area was so gray that they cant say it will or wont recur at all, so basically sounded like i had no choice, but at the same time i liked the idea if i had the surgery he would check other organs to make sure its not going further.....and this surgery will also take care of my endometriosis as well

so ive already opted for it and just waiting

i wish i knew which questions to ask bout this, since i mean its not cancer but im not fine either

like since my gyn dr removed the tumor and part of the ovary, why do i still have the same symptoms ? and always after i ovulate (I know lol im seeing my gyn dr tonight i have this question written down for him)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register