22 1/2 hours to go...ready/not ready | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

22 1/2 hours to go...ready/not ready 22 1/2 hours to go...ready/not ready

Unread 09-30-2002, 10:27 AM
22 1/2 hours to go...ready/not ready

Hi hystersisters

Yikes! I'm not ready! The house is a mess because I've been sick, I have to get the lint out of my navel, the garden is a jungle, and I never got onto chat despite the excellent directions! (when in doubt, blame the machine)

Yes, I'm ready. I'm packed, thanks to Princess Carol's excellent list. Prayer buddies are on the job. I'm ready to stop bleeding and lose the feeling that my abdomen is 20 pounds of potatoes in a 10-pound bag, and...I've had hystersisters around to tell stories, give good advice but never get pushy, send cyberhugs, give useful lists, and put the idea in DH's head to buy me a tiara (he keeps getting this little silly grin and calling me the princess, he's converted to the cult!). You were always there. Thank you, prayers and blessings for all of you. Hope to write again by the weekend--they say I'll be home Thu or Fri.

XOXO y'all are s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2002, 10:40 AM

Sheltie,
Oh sweet your time has come! I am so happy for you! Please know that we are all here, praying for you....and I know if we could be, we'd all be there when you woke up from surgery...maybe in the drug haze, you'll see us anyway
I have gained insite from you, and just wanted to thank you for that. I wish you the very best Castle stay, and that you are home safe and comfortable, as soon as possible. I can't wait to join you on the other side, next week! My dh, too, has found his way into Our world....explaining to our 4 yr old last night that Mommy is the Queen of our House, but she's about to become a Princess! He also had to explain to my daughter why Mommy keeps talking about all of these sisters that she has never met! Ha! You are a blessing and a gift of friendship to this website....it is a joy to call you Sister. Be well! We will be here waiting for your speedy return.......

Unread 09-30-2002, 10:40 AM
Ready/Not Ready

Hey Sheltie!
I'm right there with you...the only part of the house that's spic and span and ready for recovery is my bedroom...DH says he's gonna finish the rest this week, bless his heart as I have had a horrible backache for a week. My surgery is less than 72 hrs away and I am to the point that I just want the IV put in and the drugs to start dripping and sleep for about a week. Thanks to all the gals here I am less nervous than I have been for the last few weeks. Good luck on your trip to the castle, I'll look for you sometime next week!
I'll be for ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2002, 12:38 PM

Hi Sheltie!
Wanna hold hands?? I'm heading out to the Castle with you tomorrow and I feel the same exact way. I'm SO ready, yet I'm not ready. For at least three weeks I've had my bag packed. Now I'm not sure on the nightgown I chose, the clothes to wear there and come home in. I keep insisting someone is going to forget to feed the fish and when I get back on Thursday, they are all going to be floating. Yes, its gotten that bad that I'm now really worried about the goofy fish. The other day I was sooo calm. No big thing. This morning I woke up and started the day with a fresh anxiety attack and every stupid excuse under the sun why I can put this off just a little bit longer.

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow and in your uneventful recovery. I'll look for you on the other side!

Thanks so much to everyone who's helped me through all this. This site has been a haven for me! Thank you!!

(((HUGS)))
Unread 09-30-2002, 01:35 PM
dj

Consider that hand held.
Unread 09-30-2002, 06:08 PM

{{{{{{Sheltie and all the ladies who are going to become Princesses so soon!!}}}}}}}

Best of luck, may your discomfort be very light, may all the complications avoid you, and come back soon! We'll send lots of good thoughts and prayers until then.

Cat
Unread 09-30-2002, 06:29 PM

Hi there Sheltie and others that are right there with her!!!

Wow seems like this is a big week! Good luck to all of you soon to be princesses. Hope your castle stays are wonderful and that your recoveries are uneventful!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Keep us posted as to how you are all doing when you feel up to it.

Remember during your recovery rest , drink plenty of fluids , take short walks , rest again and then do the whole thing over again! We're rooting for you!

Take care,
CoryAnn

8/20/02 TAH/BSO w. bladder repair due to enlarged uterus, very large fibroids, endo, cysts on remaining ovary, adhesions, adeno found during surgery
Unread 09-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Thanks Sisters!

Hi,
Sheltie, how are you doin? My pre-op was today and went fine...no blood drawn but did have to have a pelvic just to see how the fibriod was sitting...icka! I will be thinking about you tomorrow...my last day of work until I'm recovered. Meet me in post-op, k? I will watch for ya. Good luck, You'll do GREAT!
I'm cheering for ya!

We'll do "cheers" on the other side
Unread 09-30-2002, 06:49 PM
10/1/02 LIW

Best of luck, Ladies! I am one week POST op tomorrow. TAH/BSO fibroid bigger then a cantalope!! Truly, the waiting and anticipation and "unknown" is the hardest part. Surgery is tough but the mental stuff really takes a toll!
Have to tell you- I was offerred a type of spinal anesthesia instead of just the IV knockout- they still relaxed me with IV drugs and still knocked me out after the anesthesia was in- it numbs you similar to an epidural or spinal and you DO NOT wake up doped up on morphine!! I was nervous but it was GREAT!! I woke up clear headed, was still given IV pain meds till the IV came out- excellent choice. One side effect is ITCHINESS- they warned me to be aware and it did happen - was given a type of anti-itch med in IV and it went away immediately!!
Lots of info the night before but I didn't find out about the anesthesia till MY MORNING OF 9/24 and still grabbed it!!
You are going to do great!! Prayer works. Pray as you drift off...
Heal well!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register