Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 02-Oct 08,2017 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 02-Oct 08,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 02-Oct 08,2017

Unread 10-02-2017, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 02-Oct 08,2017

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 02-Oct 08,2017 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2017, 06:13 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 02-Oct 08,2017

You've made it to the other side!!!

I'm so happy to see that you've made it to you're Recovery Progress Report thread

I am you're Hostess wandatd, feel free to call me Wanda if you like and I'm here to help you through your recovery process by offering support through any personal experience that I can offer by pointing you in the direction of the many wonderful resources the site has to offer and by answering any questions that you may have as go through your recovery journey.

Here are a few things that I learned though my recovery that may be helpful to you:

Drink Plenty of water

Take your pain meds as scheduled. You'll want to stay ahead of the pain.

Walk a little each hour that you are not resting

Listen to your body

We all heal at a different pace. You will get to where you need to be, exactly when you are supposed to be there.

and most importantly,

Rest, Rest, Rest: you'll have plenty of time to get back to being the awesome superwoman that you are
One thing that I would like each of you to remember is that you only get one chance to heal right the first time. The recovery process is a marathon, not a sprint. Have with yourself and the recovery process, don't try to rush it.

We will get through this journey together!!

Unread 10-02-2017, 02:59 PM

5 hours post-op...wow! I am completely amazed...TAH/OSB lab assisted, single port...no pain!!! Feel really good! Nausea from anesthesia headed off with patch prior and no mask administered meds...worked like a charm! In the castle tonight...hoping to be released tomorrow. Hoping my sisters who had their surgery today are doing well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Still at the hospital

After throwing up since surgery I’m still in the hospital and thinking I’ll be here another day or st least till evening.

Woke to an unexpected catheter- my doc said she wasn’t going to use one.

Finally able to eat saltines and take Percocet tabs but still getting pain meds by shot too.

So sore from being in bed... and throbbing vagina pains.

My psychologist had to advocate for me last night because the nurses were being dismissive and pushy to get me to speak and stop the fog and instability but I can’t (trauma response) ... after that I got much better care.

Hoping I can eat and get moving to get out of here soon.
Unread 10-04-2017, 12:48 AM

Hi Ladies, I'm new here. Surgery was Monday, October 2nd. Had multiple fibroid tumors in and around my uterus. Had ablation surgery earlier this year but it didn't help. Doctor left both ovaries.

Post-surgery, had a morphine pump. That kept me nice and comfortable pain wise, but I was extremely thirsty. Had catheter and they had to pour out urine bag three times. Walked that evening. Didn't get much sleep as sleep was only in chunks and I was having the most vivid and crazy dreams!

Came home today. Left with a belly binder and my belly is very swollen. Lots more pain today. Am currently taking 2 Percocet pills every 4-6 hours. Stepped on the scale this evening and I am up 5 pounds. Not sure how since I was on a clear liquid diet all day on Sunday, then nothing to eat or drink after midnight before surgery. After surgery, drank broth, water, and juices. Today, I had cream of wheat and a couple of scrambled eggs. Still drinking a ton of water. Stomach pain is about a 7 and I have lower back pain too. Peeing is a bit difficult. I have to sit there for a while as it comes out in waves. Wiping is difficult due to stomach pain. Very tired. Will check in tomorrow morning. Night!
Unread 10-04-2017, 01:10 AM

Had surgery Tuesday morning. It is now 2 am Wednesday and I can't sleep. I know I haven't drank enough water, not because I don't want to, but because I have to pre every 30 - 45 minutes when I do and at the end if the first stream my pain level jumps to about 8.5.
My pain is in my lower back and the pubic area. I am taking the pain meds like clock work.
I have a very sore throat from being intubated.
I also have fibromyalgia, so that does not help.
All that said, I am able to get around better than I thought. I can get in and out of my recliner and bed with no help, good thing since I have to pee so much.
I ordered pillows from Amazon that were supposed to be delivered before I got home and the post office held them for 24 hours at some way station so they may not even be here till the 8th.
I will pass on my disdain over this to Amazon.
The dr told my husband that my uterus was really ugly, fibroids everywhere.
I will get to see pictures on the 11th and hopefully a pathology report by then.

Praying for lower pain for everyone.
Thanks. T.J.
Unread 10-04-2017, 04:03 AM

Hi ladies, I’m happy to see that you’ve made it to your recovery thread. I see that some have had a better experience so far than other, but please hang in there. One step at a time.

Unread 10-04-2017, 08:46 AM

Home day 2...slept well...staying away from Oxy pain relief...using Tylenol and Motrin. Today my tongue and lips are completely numb...very weird. I am extremely exhausted...had more energy yesterday. No BM which is scaring me...
Unread 10-04-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNee View Post
Home day 2...slept well...staying away from Oxy pain relief...using Tylenol and Motrin. Today my tongue and lips are completely numb...very weird. I am extremely exhausted...had more energy yesterday. No BM which is scaring me...
Does your dr have you taking stool softeners? It can take a few days to get stool to decide to make its way put. Don't be too scared yet. If it doesn't come soon, call your doctor and talk to him or the nurse. They may have something specific they want you to take.
T.J.
Unread 10-04-2017, 10:00 AM

I did not sleep at all last night and so far today, no nap. I am staying on top of the pain and can get around pretty easy, however, I am taking it very easy and camping out in my room snuggling with my Yorkie and my husband's cat watching the DVR and reading.

Hope everyone us feeling better today!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register