Okay....any ideas on what this could be? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Okay....any ideas on what this could be? Okay....any ideas on what this could be?

Unread 10-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Okay....any ideas on what this could be?

Dear Sisters,

Some of you may have read in one of my previous posts how I'm now seeing a Pain Management Dr. This guy seems really good, and is keen on helping me!

Something has been on my mind since that visit last Friday. It's the hole both the nurse and dr. discovered while attempting to do an internal exam. They were both able to stick the head of their finger through this hole. I'm not sure if it is in my vaginal wall or vaginal cuff. I was in so much pain during/after the exam that I didn't think to ask these important questions <sigh>

They both looked quite puzzled and halted the exam for fear of puncturing something (their words).

My question is do any of you have any ideas? I know Dawn posted on my thread with her ideas (thanks sweetie) and I thought I'd ask the rest of you....

S all around...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2002, 11:45 AM

Judy - I sure wish I had an answer for you sweetie, but I can't imagine what this could be. I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you. Hopefully, someone will be along soon with an answer - I am stumped!

Many 's

Lisa
Unread 10-04-2002, 12:27 PM

Judy,

Im sorry for what you are going though. I could only guess what this could be. My thought is maybe the cuff partly came open? I would call and talk to the Dr or his nurse, I'm sure that they would understand you being concerned about this.. Its always when we get home that we think of all the questions.You were in too much pain to be thinking straight at that time..

How are you doing with the no hormones?? Has it helped at all??Thats what I'm thinking of for my next step but dread it because I remember what its like..
Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2002, 07:33 PM

(((((Jude))))) Sweetie, I have no idea what this hole could be I do think it might explain some of the pain you've been in, though.

I agree with Patty: why not give the clinic a call and ask either the doctor or the nurse what they think this hole is all about? It looks like the best way to get an answer.

Sending tons of s your way. You're always in my thoughts
Unread 10-04-2002, 09:23 PM
hugs

Hi Judester,
Whatever this hole is, surely a decent gyn can help you with it. I'm so sorry for your pain. Let us know what you find out. You are in my prayers.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 10-04-2002, 09:59 PM

Jude:

Awww, sweetie...I did see another post of yours on this in passing.

This sounds like a fistula, which is a connection that shouldn't be there. If ever there was a time to be scrupulous about , uh, hygiene , this is it. Truly be careful about anything in the vagina -- even if they didn't embargo intercourse, I would re-think it (and no wonder it's been painful!).

Have they set you up with a surgeon? I realize that you have to go through the Canadian system, but this is one area where, with your history, I would make very sure that any repairs were made by a GYN oncologist. This may be difficult surgery, with your endo history, and a regular GYN may be in over his head with a repair like this. I know this is not what you want to hear -- but I'd guess it's no more than you expected.

At least now there's a partial answer to your pain...and something reparable. You're in my prayers, sweetie

Audrey

P.S. BTW, there's a group in the UK studying genetic links to endo: http://www.medicine.ox.oac.uk/ndog/oxegene/oxegene.htm .They're taking blood samples from women all over the world in hopes of finding the gene that controls this horrible disease.
Unread 10-04-2002, 11:56 PM
Judy,

It seems to me that this would have to have something to do with the vaginal cuff. From what I've read on the board....once you've had a hyst it's pretty much a vaginal canal and then a dead end from there. So it makes sense that it is somehow related to the cuff.

Are you having any sort of discharge?

Please call your dr. Hon, I'm sure he wouldn't mind shedding some light on it for ya.( he may not know yet but he could give you some probabilities so you dont have to sit around in the dark) I know it has to be driving you nuts, it would me. Isn't it funny how we have so many questions to ask these docs and when the time comes we draw a blank? I know you were in alot of pain and I'm sorry, wish I could be theer for ya!

Give dr a call and let us know what he says. I'll be thinking about you. Good Luck.

Dawn
Unread 10-05-2002, 03:50 AM

Jude...

In your last post I mentioned the vaginal cuff....I had it remember? They had to do surgery to go in and fix it. My Tube had started to fall out of it.

I was going to ask in your last post why if there is a hole they can put their finger thru are they making you wait till Nov to see a doc about it.....I would get to the doc asap...ER if they can't get you in soon. Like Audrey said it's not someting to mess with...One thing I did find out is that if it's a fistula when they do a pelvic they should be able to see if a tube from the bladder is attached...Are you leaking large amounts?...what kind of discharge are you having if any?....An abscess is what ended up forming on mine and I think it's cause I didn't know there was a hole and kept having sex ( which was painful not during but after, for DAYS) Audrey gave very sound advice about not having anything up there till you figure what it is.

Please sweetie..have this looked at asap...I know what I went thru when it went to long...I would hate to see you where I am. E-mail me if you want....I'll help where I can...and I know the scarey feeling that something like that is going on...It's a little "wierd" to say the least. We'er here for ya babe!!!

huge
Dawn
Unread 10-05-2002, 06:51 AM
(((Judster)))

I just wanted to send you some 's and say i'm sorry that your having so many problems! I have'nt exsperienced that yet! Hang in there!
Love ya !
Colette
Unread 10-05-2002, 07:50 AM

((Judy)),
would think the cuff but if that was the case it would have to be repaired ASAP. You stopped HRT right? Well, we know lack of Estrogen can cause thining in the vaginal walls of the canal sooo if I had to guess, the thining caused a tear whch resulted in the hole? This would help explain
why your having to wait til Nov?? You know Judy this is just me thinking
s to you my friend, I'm gonna email someone else and ask for their thots, I know it is worryng you, who wouldnt be??? I'm thinking of you please email/call if you want to just talk???Love ya my friend

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register