Anyone have younger children? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have younger children? Anyone have younger children?

Unread 12-31-2002, 06:09 PM
Talking - Anyone have younger children? hey ladies

Hey Well i feel that i am a young mother of 4 and in just one
week i have my TAH and i do worry alot on how i am going to
take care of my children they are 8 years old, 6 years old, 4
years old and 18 months old. But i guess with help from my
dh and family all will be okay. My 18 mo old will not understand
why mommy can not pick him up, thats going to break my heart.
Thanks ladies ash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2003, 05:52 AM
Anyone have younger children?

I have a 4 YO little boy! I'm not that young,t hough--43.

Donna
Unread 01-01-2003, 04:52 PM

I have a 7 year old boy, a 4 year old boy and 3 year old B/G twins.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2003, 06:54 AM

I am 31 and I have two boys. My oldest is almost 12 and my youngest is 8. I had surgery 12/17 tvh. I guess I am now just glad that I started my family early and was blessed with the two boys I have. I am still dealing with the fact that I will not have anymore children and mourning the loss of the daughter I always wanted.

Darlene
Unread 01-20-2003, 12:32 AM
You're not alone!

Hi,
I'm 29 years old and have three children 5, 3 and 7 months. It's nice to know that there are other twenty-somethings that have been to the castle and are doing fine. I'm 1 week post op today and I'm going out of my mind because I haven't been out of the house. This past week has gone extremely slow! I'm ready to be SuperMom again!
Although, it has been really fun to watch my DH exhaust himself as he tries to do the work of two parents. I think that he will have a greater appreciation for me when this is all over with. It will be interesting to see how this week goes. He stayed at home last week, but he will have to go into the office (at least half-days) this week. Then he'll really see what it's like for me! (I work full time, also.) Hopefully, we'll all get through this six-week period in one piece.

Take care, everyone!

_________
TAH/BSO 1/13/03 -- feeling fine with the exception of cabin fever
Unread 01-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Just found this thread...

Although no longer a twenty something (sadly ) I am 41 and a mother of 6 children ds 17,ds 15, dd 11, dd 7, dd 6 and ds 4. My castle date was set for 19th March but at the moment they are messing me about and changing it which is really frustrating. I am scheduled for TAH/BSO and it is encouraging to see that others of you with young families obviously survived. Do any of you have any tips for making things easier. Any suggestions welcome.

Amanda
Unread 01-21-2003, 12:27 PM

I had my DD at 40, and she was 6 at the time of my surgery. One thing that I found was that she was capable of so much MORE than I had imagined! I could sit and supervise, and she could clean fruit, wash and tear lettuce for salads, make her own PB and honey sandwiches...in short, she was pretty useful.

I did go through with her and my 10 yo stepson what was involved with my surgery (in an age-appropriate way, but she's pretty bright and has had 3 abdominal surgeries herself, so my description was a bit more involved than I would recommend in general). We discussed the concept of hundreds of internal sutures, being careful when hugging, that I couldn't lift for some time, etc. I found that preparing my kids worked better than not sharing anything with them. Deep dark secrets don't work in MY house! This makes things really difficult when they ask questions about the tough stuff, like sex . No amount of hiding or evading the topic will do...and my surgery details were no exception.

We also instituted a rule about items on the floor. If they were on the floor in the same place for over 24 hours, we reserved the right to recycle, trash, or donate the offending item. It didn't work perfectly, but after that first, favorite t-shirt, it was a pretty effective incentive...

Good luck!

Audrey
Unread 01-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Babies, babies, babies

My DS's are 5 1/2 and 3, will be 4 in March. I also have a 15-year-old SD, but she lives with her mother in NH. I haven't told them yet about my hyst, (don't have a date yet, probably around the end of March), but I think I'll wait until a couple of weeks before-that way they'll remember, (hopefully), not to shout, "Mommy, wake up; the sun's up!" right in my face at 6:30 in the morning, or come flying through the kitchen with their plastic swords to attack the "fire-breathing dragon", (that would be me).
Unread 01-26-2003, 04:41 AM

I'm 47, with a daughter who turned 4 the day after my surgery 2 weeks ago (LAVH/BSO). She used her birthday candle wish to hope I got better! What a sweetie. Between my DH and daycare, I've had a lot of help but have still overdone it to where I had to go back in yesterday to be stitched up 'cause I started bleeding heavily. So....get all the help you can and don't overdo it!!!

BFBear
Unread 01-31-2003, 05:30 PM

I am 29 with a 2 year old son. He is into everything, so you can say he is your typical little boy ! I am glad I will be out of it for awhile to get a break. I had a LSO in December and it was nice having some peace and quiet but by the third day I couldn't stand it anymore and I went down to play with him in the living room. He kept hugging me, bringing me his toys to play with, he knew mommy hurt. I am just thankful I have him!

Jennifer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register