medical ins. Help please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

medical ins. Help please medical ins. Help please

Unread 10-09-2002, 08:54 AM
medical ins. Help please

Hi girls, have a ?. I have endo. and I've been though surgery and lupron injections. Now my gyn wants me to start birthcontrol. I can't take birthcontrol pills or shots, It makes be very I'll. No one in my family can take them. He says there's nothing els I can do to stop the pain. I would like to have a hysterectomy, but I don't have any ins to cover it and sense I have no ins I can't go to another dr. for a second opinion. Do you know of any organizations that would help in this situation? Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thank you, Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2002, 04:27 PM
medical ins. Help please

((Michele)),
I'm sorry you are having problems Have you fully researched Endo-Hysterectomy? This surgery is not always a cure-all for Endo...we have many Sisters here suffering post-op Endo recurrance. Here is a thread with some of the Sisters here discussing it:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=28124

I am not aware of any organization that could help in this area exp with this surgery being elective but dont know Here is a thread with several links about Endo, maybe you can find some answers/help there:

https://www.hystersisters.com/forums/...?threadid=8782

Good Luck and please keep us posted....
Unread 10-09-2002, 06:53 PM
medical ins. Help please

Hi Michele,

I don't know if this will help at all but another sister had no insurance and she got some good suggestions. Maybe one the them will help you. I could not find a thread number so I will have to give you directions on how to find the conversation.

First go to the search ( use the button at the top of this page)
Enter the words," no insurance "
scroll down where it asks to search which forum
Select the Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives , enter

There will be a long list of conversations (threads). About the 21st thread down that list will be a thread by a sister whose name is Deskenasy. There you will find some suggestions. I'm sorry for not knowing the thread number.

I hope I didn't wear you out. My best to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2002, 08:47 AM
medical ins. Help please

SHERI, Thank you for responding. I've had endo for a while and I've read everything on it. I know more then I would like to know and probably need to know more. I know a hysterectomy might not stop the endo and the pain, but I am in so much pain everyday I just want to stay in bed all day and cry. That's not fair to my daughter or my husband. The pain is just unbearable and I can't live like this. Uterine cancer runs on my dads side of the family so I am already at a higher risk of getting cancer plus with endo you are at a 50% higher risk. So I think a hysterectomy is my only choice. My gyn will not help me with the pain because I refuse to take the birthcontrol. So I have to fine a new Dr. and that's hard to do with no ins.
Marilyn, Thank you, your suggestions were very helpful. I will check into all of them. Thank you both very much. Michele
Unread 10-10-2002, 09:21 AM
medical ins. Help please

(((Michele))),
It's great that you have fully researched this Can you get ins/assistance thru your state? Here in Tn we have Tenncare which helps those who have no ins offered thru work or are uninsurable....just a thot. My prayers will be with you Michele that you will find the help you need and the relief you deserve

PS-How about doing a search on the net for medical assistance? Surely there is help out there somewhere! Or maybe you could contact the one of the Endometriosis Associations and they can put you on the right track for finding help???
Unread 10-10-2002, 09:43 AM
medical ins. Help please

SHERI, No I can't get medicaid from my state. I was on it for about a year and then they cut me off because my husband worked some overtime and it put us over. My husband grosses about $ 1600.00 to $1700.00 a month but you take off $ 500.00 for taxes and $ 400.00 for child support plus $ 150.00 for medical ins for his first daughter, that leaves $ 650.00 a month take home. but wafare will only look a his gross income. Thats why I can't get help. I am waiting to hear from the hospital to see if I qualify for there program but they are so backed up she said it would take about six months before she could tell me. thank you for reminding me about the Endometriosis Associations. I have a number I can call. I lost my long distance for a while and i forgot about it. Thank you, michele
Unread 10-10-2002, 02:37 PM
medical ins. Help please

I'm so sorry you cant get any help from the state Michele I did a search and came up with these and a # to call that might help:

1-800-992-3636

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/5422/
http://www.endometriosisassn.org/
http://www.ivf.com/endoassnpg2.html
http://my.webmd.com/encyclopedia/article/1819- 300- Endo chapters and Associations
http://womenshealth.about.com/library/weekly/

Good Luck...please let me know if you find some help....((hug))

PS-I also emailed a friend who has been an Endo sufferer for 23 years and has lots of info and connections so hopefully she will be replying as well.....
Unread 10-10-2002, 03:38 PM
medical ins. Help please

SHERI,
Thank you again. I will check out the links you gave and let you know what happens, you are an
michele

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register