Preparing for hysterectomy and taking Norethindrone (to try to shrink endometrioma and calm endo before surgery) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Preparing for hysterectomy and taking Norethindrone (to try to shrink endometrioma and calm endo before surgery) Preparing for hysterectomy and taking Norethindrone (to try to shrink endometrioma and calm endo before surgery)

Unread 02-17-2018, 06:31 PM
Preparing for hysterectomy and taking Norethindrone (to try to shrink endometrioma and calm endo before surgery)

I have a consult with a surgeon March 6 about hysterectomy and removal of left ovary and endometrioma, but my GYN put me on Norethindrone to try to shrink my endometrioma and calm endometriosis before surgery. Has anyone else taking this? I did on first couple weeks but my pain seems to be increasing and I can’t decide if it’s from the endometrioma or the Norethindrone. I had pain before but now seems to be a daily thing almost like I feel like a period may start daily. I tell you it’s really pushing me even more towards hysterectomy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Re: Preparing for hysterectomy and taking Norethindrone

Hi there, I’d go back to your doctor and tell them what you are experiencing, the extra pain should not be happening. I was on that for side effects of lupron. I’m thinking the dr will prescribe a different hormone to address the endo. I recommend you do a lot, a lot of research on endo itself and treatments. Knowing what endo is and how it works helped me find the right temporary treatment that worked with my body. One thing I learned from having GP not listen to what I was saying, was to listen to my body and be an advocate for it. Please tell your Dr that the pill isn’t working for you, ask them teach you about endo, and to share all available treatments. Then you go and research it all and then tell the dr what you want. Trust what your body is telling you.
Unread 03-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Re: Preparing for hysterectomy and taking Norethindrone

I was taking Northindrone for the same reason you are-to shrink everything before surgery and I developed erythema nodosum which is an extreamly painful rash of the adipose tissue in your legs and fat pads in the feet, knees and elbows. My surgery was canceled because of it and it took 3 months to clear up. I ended up using up my FMLA being out of work for 6 consecutive weeks because of Erythema Nodosum.

Erythema nodosum put my endo and ovarian pain in to perspective for me and I choose to not have surgery plus I can't now because I burned up all my sick time. I think northindrone is dangerous and I wish I had just had the surgery and not dinked around with northindrone.

By the way, I had an ultrasound done 2 months after stopping northindrone and all of my endometrious, endometreomas, fibroids, and endo were exactly the same. So the almost 1 year of progesterone use didn't do a darn thing.

I wish you the best!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register