Any Favorite Teas? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Favorite Teas? Any Favorite Teas?

Unread 10-14-2002, 07:56 PM
Any Favorite Teas?

With cooler weather coming upon us, I am more inclined to relax at the end of the day with my book and a cup of hot tea. So, Do you have any favorite flavours of teas? (or brands).

I drink only decafe, and I don't use sweetener. These are some I've enjoyed:

Paradise Tea - Original Decafe - I usually use this for iced teas, and I can't find it in GA, so I stock up when I go to CA ... recently found a website for it though too. It's a slightly fruity tea. (not overwhelmingly and not sweet)

Celestial - Mint Green Tea (my current new favorite), green tea with a subtle minty flavour. (again not sweet).

and Tension Tamer - I keep this on hand at work it really does soothe a jangled soul. Kind of lemony tasting to me.

Good Earth Original - Very spicy tea. Predomintely cinnamon I think. I drink this at work and most people ask "Who's brewing the potpouri! Another one I usually have to stock up on when I am in CA. Our local market carries a variety pack which I have never tried.

other than this I have a stockpile of Trader Joes decafe english breakfast, earl grey and Queen's tea.

Got something you like that I might want to give a try??

BSQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2002, 08:33 PM
Any Favorite Teas?

Green tea, with chopped fresh ginger and a little honey -- great hot or iced, and good for the tummy!

And do you have Trader Joe's in Atlanta, or do we need to add you to our care package mailing list??

Audrey
Unread 10-14-2002, 10:18 PM
Any Favorite Teas?

I have a 14 oz mug of Lipton Green Tea (with sugar) every morning. I never think of it at any other time of the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2002, 08:11 AM
Any Favorite Teas?

My favorite is Constant Comment - a mild and calming spice tea...w/nothing in it. In fact I had a cup yesterday when I was sure I was hungry & it did the trick!
Unread 10-15-2002, 07:25 PM
Any Favorite Teas?

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey S.
Green tea, with chopped fresh ginger and a little honey -- great hot or iced, and good for the tummy!

And do you have Trader Joe's in Atlanta, or do we need to add you to our care package mailing list??

Audrey
hehehehe Thanks Audrey. A lot of my friends are still in CA and fill my orders frequently. I also stock up on some of my staples every time I head out there.

BSQ
Unread 10-18-2002, 04:40 AM
Any Favorite Teas?

Hi fellow tea lovers!

I drink many of the teas you all have mentioned, love earl grey, english breakfast, darjeeling, china oolong, jasmine....lemon, orange spice and peppermint when the allergies/sinuses are bad.
I agree about the Constant Comment tea. It's very satisfying and has a sweetness to it with no sugar. I love tea strong and unsweetented, in fact, i drink it almost everyday. The kids do, too. I want to try the Tension Tamer BSQ mentioned. Boy, do I!

I wanted to add that I have been buying bags instead of loose tea lately, for convenience, and use 1 green & 1 black in every pot. Researchers speak of benefits from both, so I figured, why not? If you don't like it so strong, simply decrease steeping time.

Xena
Unread 10-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Any Favorite Teas?

Hmmm, maybe I should give constant comment a try again. I have not had it in a while, but I remember I didn't really care for it (back years n years ago) maybe I'll try their variety pack again.

Also for those liking to read about new ones ...

Celestial Seasonings

BSQ
Unread 10-18-2002, 04:33 PM
My favorite teas

Hi great idea!

I love drinking decaf herbal teas...very relaxing and when I dont feel well it really does help. Here are my favorites:

Trade Joes' decaf Green tea
Bigelow - Cozy Chamomile tea (great after a hard day!)
Bigelow - Peppermint Tea (decaf of course, great for upset tummy)

I love tea. Its great to sit down and relax and get warmed up (which I'm doing right now) and drink a nice hot cup of tea. I dont use any condiments in my tea...just the wonderful flavor of the tea itself....

Great Post!

CoryAnn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register