Wed Oct 16, CHAT day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wed Oct 16, CHAT day! Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Unread 10-16-2002, 05:55 AM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Good morning, good morning! I awoke at 4:00 and decided to start the day (get ready for work, eat breakfast, but no walk due to extreme fog), so I don't know if I'll make it to chat tonight but I wish you all a great OP day. I have to go back to the dentist but I will NOT let that interfere with my fun class at the Y

Keep on keeping on, we can do it! You are all my inspiration! And Traci, wooo hoo waytogo!

Have a fabulous day, enjoy every minute you can.

Desk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2002, 07:43 AM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Good Morning

I am ready for a fantastic op day, hope all of you are too!!

Weigh-In was not great last night (big suprise, huh?) showed a gain of 3lbs But that was last week and this is a new week and with it brings another chance to do better....Yay!!!

I will *not* let Fred win.....I am stronger than him!!!

I will try to make it to chat tonight for at least a little bit. Hope to see all of you there!

Have the BESTEST Day You Can!!!!!

Take Care, Dawn
Unread 10-16-2002, 07:47 AM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Good Morning! Two early posts from me - can you all handle it?! I think that I am feeling better, plus finally really feeling the benefits from losing weight and still using the CPAP. It is great to feel rested when I get up - not that I am yet (or ever will be) a morning person!

Desk - you beat me up! I had to be up at 6 to take oldest to a student council meeting. Have a great time at your Y class!

Traci - Woohoo! Another loss and what a total! You are an inspiration, not only by what you've done, but your great attitude while you were doing it.

Bliss - are you still going regularly to Curves? I was going before I moved here - it was so close to my house I could have walked there, but of course I drove - makes a lot of sense, huh?!

Michelle - hope you got some rest last night. I know how frustrating that can be - I have to take prescription stuff nearly every night in order to fall asleep with the mask on and even then, the insomnia sometimes kicks in. It's hard to be on top of things at work (or at home) when you're sleep-deprived. Feel better!

Shirley - that was so funny that you mentioned the Egg McMuffin being 7 points. I saw that as soon as I looked it up because DH always eats those. Unfortunately, I hate eggs and that let out most of the other choices. You did pick up on the fact that it was a comfort food for me, too, as well as just being hungry. Some old habits are still there long after we've thought they're gone!

BSQ - thanks for your kind words. I've been trying to think "one day at a time" all along, but it is just finally sinking in. I'm working on my self-talk, too, because whenever I make bad choices, it's usually because I don't allow myself to think about it, I just do it! When is your exact surgery date? I know it's soon since you're off work. We'll all be here wishing you tons of well wishes.

I will try and make it to chat tonight - not sure if we're babysitting the 3 year old next door yet or not, but I'll at least try and pop in. Have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2002, 07:52 AM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Dawn - you snuck in there while I was writing my chapter!!! Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you! I'm sorry about the gain,but remember the extreme stress you've been under!
Sounds like you have the right attitude about it, though, and are ready to turn it around. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Unread 10-16-2002, 07:58 AM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Good Morning Ladies! My day is starting out OP, and I hope yours is too.

Traci: Congratulations on another great loss!

Dawn: ah but wait, does this mean we actually have Tuesday Quadruplets now? Sorry you showed a gain, but hopefully that inspires you to try even harder to fend off lifes curveballs this week! I KNOW you have it in ya!

Desk: I'm so very proud of you for resisting temptations yesterday both at the office and at home. I know how difficult it is to subdue the baking urge, especially when company's comming! (I've been fighting not to bake oatmeal raisin cookies).

Little Successes: I can't believe I keep forgetting to mention this. Especially now when I've been just so blah about being inactive. On vacation I went into a silver store I always go to, I usually buy some piece of silver jewelry every year down there that is unusual and sure to not be found in the states. Anyway, I have NEVER in my life worn an anklet because they have NEVER in my life fit. You guessed it, I walked out of there with a shimmery pretty little anklet. Wow. I never even thought there was much fat around my ankles, but I'd say at least an inch is gone. It lifts my spirits every time I put the anklet on!

Time to go rest, To All: may you have a BEST kinda day!

BSQ
Unread 10-16-2002, 09:34 AM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Morning!

Desk, I was up with you at 4:00....except I hadn't been to bed yet. I've been turning my clock around for a while now. I knew I was having grddtr today (remember my horrible night with the boys at the restaurant that started out with grddtr crying cuz she couldn't come..today is the result of that) and I think that the thought "I've got to get to sleep" just caused me to stay awake. I watched "Third Watch" from 3 - 4 and fell asleep at some point after.

Dawn, good luck to you today. I'm having a lot of backslides lately also.

Tamara, glad you're feeling better today. A good night's sleep is such a wonderful thing!

Bobby, I also like to pick up silver jewelry whenever possible. I also never would think that we carry extra weight at the ankle. I did notice this summer that the watch I've been wearing for years was tighter than usual...there's usually a little "slide" to it. Good for you!

Whoever it was who told us Northeast people about the rain coming our way was right. They predicted "wet and wild" weather today and they were right. It's pouring. My little sweetheart and I will spend the day nice and cozy playing with "girly things".........nice change after 11 yrs of boys.

Wishing all of us a great day!

Unread 10-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

OP - OK!!!

Raining pitchforks here today! Did indoor painting on storage shelves in cellar this am.

The quilting guild meeting was great, the guest speaker/quilter discussed her uses of curves in her quilts...and how she likes them because of their femininity.

Did OK at supper last night, I think. Went to Pizza Hut because of their salad bar...also had two small slices of thin crust ham & pineapple pizza. Resisted chocolate iced cake along with other great looking munchies at the mtg - had sm slice of quick bread w/my mulled apple cider. Not perfect, but I did resist pulling into Mickey D's which would have been choice #1 a few months ago.

I used to do a lot of traditional patchwork years ago...patchwork/quilting is a changing artform now, so absorbing a lot of the ideas right now before I jump back in.

EM - have a great day w/grandaughter. Traci - congratulations...WOW! A step at a time!...And DAwn, I agree w/BSQ about not the fact you've been under stress plus lately.

Regarding CURVES...they recommend 3X per week, so that is my solid goal. If I'm really good I do 4X.

all for now!
Unread 10-16-2002, 01:44 PM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Hi Everyone

The day is going well so far, but then day time usually is the easy time of day. Evenings are a whole different thing! I am still feeling strong though that I *will* finish out the day OP!!!

Next week is my turn to bring a snack for my class. Each week one of us brings an *OP* snack for everyone to try along with a copy of the recipe. I worry about trying out a new recipe to be served to guests so thought I should try it first to be sure it *is* good. I experimented a bit and made some of the pumpkin muffins that you make with pumpkin and cake mix. I am trying it with spice cake mix. I made half of the batter into muffins and other half into cookies to see which would work out the best and boy do they ever smell yummy!!!!! Both were pretty simple and should travel well. Will let you all know how they turned out after they cool! If they taste half as good as they smell, I could be in trouble having them around! I may have to give them out to my co-workers to get them out of here! I know that they are considered an OP food (2 pts each) but *not* if you eat the entire batch which could easily happen if they prove to be any good!

Hope everyone is having a really great OP day!!

Take Care, Dawn
Unread 10-16-2002, 04:08 PM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Hey all,

Everyone must have sent prayers for me last night because I slept like a baby straight through the night. It felt so good this morning when I woke up ( my body). Thanks for the love and support. Update on dizzie spells, I am going to the ear, nose and throat dr Monday. I hope he has some answers. I had a good day at work. I ate my healthy choice and water. I have exercised since I have been home.

Dawn you can do it! The snack sounds good. I hope it turns out great.

EM have fun with your gd today.

Yea BSQ and Shirly the small things do count. I am glad you are having mini successes.

Awesome Tracie on the lost. Keep it up.

Tamara have founf out the results from your test?

Desk I agree stay out of the rain. At least you make it to Y.

Everyone else have a good night.

Michelle
Unread 10-16-2002, 05:01 PM
Wed Oct 16, CHAT day!

Two nights in a row I did a post but lost them. I was so mad. I sure hope you all get this one. Well yesterday was weighin and I gained 2 lbs. I knew it was going to happen since I managed to get into the halloween choc. No excuse for me. I will be better this week.

I am in a rush right now time to get dinner on the table. And then relax for the night, I am so tired dd was up most of the night last night, ear ache and upset tummy. And then homeschooling today. Tomorrow I have to go to the city to take ds to the dentist. Just a very busy week all the way around. I will check in more very soon.

Take care all
Sending many hugs to you all, I have read all your posts just not enough time to reply to each of you. You are all an inspiration to me
Denise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register