Recoup at Beach? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recoup at Beach? Recoup at Beach?

Unread 10-17-2002, 12:13 PM
Recoup at Beach?

I will be going into the Castle on 11/14/02 for a TVH I hope by the second week i can get in the Motorhome and camp at the beach. I cant think of a nicer place to relax. Full hookups and a ocean scene.
I will pray that i feel up to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2002, 12:21 PM
Recoup at Beach?

Hi Merlin, Make sure that the doctor says it's ok to ride in the motorhome at 2 weeks post op. If that isn't a problem, then make sure you don't try to drive it (the bigger the vehicle, the harder it might be to drive) and don't do any of the packing, loading, carrying, cooking, etc. Just rest, rest and rest. I could take short car trips by 2 weeks post op, but they really wore me out. You'll need plenty of time while traveling to stretch some, and rest lots.
Take care!
Unread 10-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Dont worry ;)

It certainly would be the first time I didnt do anything to get ready to go camping. It will be good for the husband to see what it takes. All he has to do is be there, drive and eat. I do plan on being a princess I am kinda looking forward to letting my family see what i actually do. I have tried to prepare them (we will see)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2002, 01:27 PM
Recoup at Beach?

Merlin, It will be good training for them. Just sit back and give commands. Maybe you could have everything that needs to be done written down (put it on more than one sheet of paper, my lists had a tendency to get lost and I loved having a spare one to pull out for them ). Then you could just hand them the list and say, "This is what I usually do, I know you guys will be happy to take care of it for this trip". Like you said, they will finally know all that it takes to get the family out the door.
Unread 10-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Thats a Great Idea!!!

I will make a list......:sign" b/c even i forget things. I have a feeling i better make some meals that can be popped in the micro, or oven, or we will be living on cup a soups. Usually i make breakfast every morning (something i dont do at home), and something they love. and bbq dinner at night. I just might lose some weight if I it have to reley on them to cook.
Unread 10-17-2002, 04:30 PM
Recoup at Beach?

I live on the beach and my doctor said I absolutely could not get in the ocean until I was 6 weeks post op. He was worried about infections. Keep this is mind but have a great time.

Sherryl
Unread 10-17-2002, 10:51 PM
Recoup at Beach?

Hey Merlin, sounds like a wonderful plan, and it sounds like you've got it all worked out so you won't have to lift a finger. Maybe you can ride in the bedroom in back? I know my kids love to buckle up on the sofa or get tucked into the bed to ride... we have a motorhome too and there's nothing like being able to drive right up to the beach, hook yourself up and (have hubby) put out the lawn chairs! If you get yourself one of those lafuma chaises they have at Camping World you can relax in comfort and style befitting a

Good luck at the castle and I'll be looking for you when you get home!
s,
-Linda
Unread 10-18-2002, 07:04 AM
Recoup at Beach?

Oh i wont be going in the water This would only be a relax and reading trip.
I hope i feel good enough to go, because it would be the only time where i would have the time off from work and not feel guilty about it. I do get vacations, but there is never enough time to go camping. Someday I hope to do it full timing.
Thanks for the responses, your all wonderful

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register