What to wear home from the hospital? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What to wear home from the hospital? What to wear home from the hospital?

Unread 10-19-2002, 06:14 PM
What to wear home from the hospital?

What do you wear when you are leaving the hospital?

I am worried about my incision and what type of comfy clothes to go home in.

thanks bunches,

*hugs*
julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2002, 06:28 PM
What to wear home from the hospital.

I bought a pair of sweats that were a size bigger than usual. I have heard many ladies say they did the same as well as alot of them wore pullover type dresses just what ever is comfortable and of course allows for being swollen and tender.The sweats were used throgout recovery.
Unread 10-19-2002, 06:49 PM

Hi Julie

I wore my dressing gown over my night shirt...even wore my slippers. I only live 5 minutes from the hospital though and this would probably influence what you wear. You can't go wrong with the loose sweats....I lived in them for the first few weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2002, 06:52 PM
post-castle fashions

I wore a loose dress in so I could wear it out. Wore loafer-type shoes and bought some clogs to wear post-op because I can't reach my feet yet at nearly 3 weeks...I wore support hose in, but could not get them on to go home and didn't get back to support undies till the 2.5 week mark. I was sorry I tried to put them on.
Unread 10-19-2002, 06:54 PM

Hello there! I was a summer sister, but had I been a fall or winter sister I'd have selected the same shirt....a big comfy t-shirt or sweatshirt and as for the bottom.....I'd choose large, loose, and comfy sweats! I'd also select mocassins or something slip on, as I wore sandals most of the summer from my tender swellybelly prohibiting me from bending comfortably! Although, my DH helped me put on tennis shoes when I needed them!

Best wishes. Trust me that the waiting is truly the worst part!
Unread 10-20-2002, 04:29 AM

Wow those are all really great ideas, thanks everyone!

Il definitely have to do some shopping to find some comfortable loose fitting clothes

*hugs*
julie
Unread 10-20-2002, 06:11 AM

I wore draw string pants to and from the hospital. I was able to losten them to fit my stomach. They are very comfortable and not too hot like sweats.

Stacy
TAH BSO 17 days ago.
severe endo
Unread 10-20-2002, 08:10 AM
everyone has great suggestions

Thanks! I am going to be comfortable and if that means bunny slippers at the rest stop, so be it! Other travelers can just gape at my fashion faux pas and get over themselves.
Unread 10-20-2002, 08:16 AM

Good morning

After reading a lot here (and enjoying the information and the giggles and the hugs and...etc. ), I went out shopping Wednesday. I got six pairs of "granny undies", a loud grape purple nightshirt that says Princess on it (everyone who has heard that I sit here reading knew what it was alllllll about and laughed with me!), and two pair of drawstring, big-and-stretchy velour "workout pants". I HATE being cold!! And velour has such an air of rich/luxury/"snotty" about it - LOL! Okay, mostly it was because I hate being cold. Living in NH where fall has set in and is about to take a swing with a vengeance into chilly, velour just made some sense..... I plan on wearing the navy blue pair and my favorite rainbow-colored very-loose sweater into the hospital so I have that much less to pack. My slippers are slide-on, and so are my favorite sneakers (I'm not Imelda Marcos, but my lust for shoes is nearly that good!!) so I'm not too worried about my feet. DH may have to help me put sox on to come home in though, huh?

Hugs,
Cat
Unread 10-20-2002, 08:22 AM
yeah, Cat, too bad we can't target hot flashes

to warm up frozen toes on demand.

I got several velour zip-up front robes at Goodwill last week. Great for layering. Amazed to find Victoria Secret stuff in a thrift store. I need to find some mule-like houseshoes today too along with granny pants.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register