Back Pain from fibroids? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back Pain from fibroids? Back Pain from fibroids?

Unread 10-20-2002, 10:48 AM
Back Pain from fibroids?

Hello Sisters,

I have lower back pain 24hrs a day. I first thought it was from my larger then normal stomach but I've had this stomach for a trillion years but this pack pain is new, since about 10 months now.

Could this be caused by the uterus? The fibroids in the uterus.

My last sonagram was in April 2002 and the sizes of fibroids bellow:

Uterus size: 14cm long x 8.5cm AP x 10 cm transverse

Fundal Fibroid: 6.4 x 5.9 x 6.8cm

Mid Fibroid: 5.2 x 4.4 x 5.3cm

Posterior Fibroid: 3.0 x 1.7 x 2.6cm

Right Side: 3.9 x 3.3 x 3.6cm

I had assumed the back pain was from my stomach.

Is it possible to have back pain from fibroids???

Evette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2002, 11:34 AM
Back Pain from fibroids?

I can only say from my experience that I have been having back pains now for about 6 months and I definately have fibroids. I have always believed that is what was causing the pain. My TAH/BSO is this coming Friday (10/25) and I am looking forward to no more bleeding and no back pain (after recovery time of course!)
Unread 10-20-2002, 12:11 PM
Back Pain from fibroids?

i dont know about fibroids but i have a nasty backache the last few months from my cysts so i guess u could get them from fibroids to..

s luci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2002, 01:04 PM
Back Pain from fibroids?

HI Evette,

Its too bad you are going through this too. I had two very large fibroids along with enlarged uterus. The largest of the fibroids was pressing on my bladder so I had that frequent need to go and bad bad back pain. Mostly my back pain was during my cycles. I had my surgery 8-20 and I have no more back pain. I have read that depending on the location of the fibroids that they CAN cause back pain. You can use a heating pad,that helped me somewhat.

Hopes this helps a bit! Best of luck to you!!!

CoryAnn
Unread 10-20-2002, 01:39 PM
Back pain from fibroids

I too have a large tummy, but the back pain and pelvis pain I had prior to my surgery was unbelievable and unbearable nothing touched it. I had alot of fibroids and they were growing rapidly. I have had some back pain since my surgery but nothing like before.

I think most of my pain now is from not being able to lay anyway but on my back. Lying on either side is still too painful. And the fact that my back is carrying around my large stomach.

My surgery is the best thing I've done. I still have a lot of recovery to do but the pain is nothing like before AND no more forever heavy periods!!!!!
Unread 10-20-2002, 02:17 PM
Back Pain from fibroids?

Hi Evette

I had back pain that was directly related to fibroids because my fibroids were in the back of my uterus and they pushed on other things. Sometimes at night I'd be awakened by a sharp pain and other times I couldn't get comfortable sitting and squirmed around a lot.

CoryAnn's suggestion of using a heating pad is a good one. That helped me many times.

I'm happy to report that since my TAH there is no more back pain, yay!
Unread 10-20-2002, 02:22 PM
Will ask my gyn DR also

I'm glad so many of you can relate to this. I Thank You all and appreciate all the responses and I do plan to ask the DR. I guess this DR will always remember me because I ask so many questions. I'm a curious george and want to know everything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register