Follow up appt, "matured adhesions" and back to work tomorrow :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Follow up appt, "matured adhesions" and back to work tomorrow :( Follow up appt, "matured adhesions" and back to work tomorrow :(

Unread 10-20-2002, 02:20 PM
Follow up appt, "matured adhesions" and back to work tomorrow :(

HI girls.....well had my follow up appt with the GS on Fri.....went very well I think, he is very happy with the way my incision is healing...says GS never get to do bikini cuts, just the vertical ones and is very impressed with how quickly they heal by comparison! Said he expects I should do very well (fingers crossed)

The pathology was back on the biopsied areas and none of it showed endo (yay) but then again they never biopsied the adhesions , just three areas on my bladder and one on my pelvic wall.....who knows what criteria they use to decide this but lets keep our fingers crossed

He said that both areas of my bowel where he removed adhesions (left and right side) seemed to "spring back up" when released and he found that very hopeful as in they were what was causing the pain.....as far as the really dense ones that were in my operative report he said that it seemed as most of them had "matured" and turned back into muscle and tissue?....I said I had never heard of that before and he said that it does happen.....was he shooting me a line or has ANYONE heard of this before???

I can't see them leaving anything behind since they had me wide open..........I guess the bottom line is time will tell right?

He said because of the infection and how tired i was that another week wouldn't hurt before I went back to work, I called my boss and told her that and she said they would be really stuck without me, was there anyway I could come in for 1/2 days and against my better judgement I said I would try it.....it's the commute that's going to kill me it's an hour on a bus each way

so wish me luck tomorrow.....still having infection like symptoms in my bladder but as soon as I take the the ditropin XL it settles down, which is good but makes me very drowsy......

soon to be working girl is going to take a nap now!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2002, 04:31 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{Gidge}}}}}}}}}}

Wishing you the best of luck, that you can make it through work & the long bus ride!!

You are in my thoughts & ers always!!

Have you thought of drinking cranberry juice? I know when I have bladder irritation it helps me. So, now I try to drink a glass of cranberry juice every day.

If you cannot make it through a half a day, please say something to your boss. You need to get back to good health! And rest is a very important part of recovery! You do not need to wear your self down!

's & 's

God Bless You Always

Patty
Unread 10-21-2002, 06:40 AM

Gidge,
I'm so glad to hear that this surgery may be the off ramp for you, I know how much you have suffered and hope and pray that things only get better from this point out.
I have never heard of adhesions turning into muscle and tissue before, I have heard that they can develope their own blood supply after time so maybe that was what he meant.
Anyway, I'm glad that you are on the road to recovery and I will keep you on my prayers that you are finally able to live a painfree life again.
Take it easy at work and don't overdo...
s
Carmel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2002, 02:37 PM

Gidge,
I hope your first day back to work is going well. I've never heard the term matured adhesions. Perhaps you could check out www.adhesions.org, maybe one of the ladies there has heard the term.

Sending s and a big
Unread 10-21-2002, 06:44 PM

(((Gidge)))) Sounds like your appointment with your GS went really well. It does sound like you may have found your off ramp

I hope your 1/2 day at work went well. That bus ride is very long and I hope you get to sit all the way... there's nothing worse than standing in a bus If 1/2 days are too much for you, be sure to speak up and insist on one more week: it can make all the difference between recovering and not recovering.

Sending gentle s your way.
Unread 10-21-2002, 07:04 PM

(((Gidge)))
Hope you are coping OK with the 1/2 days. As you said it's the bus ride that takes it's toll. Please take it easy if you can, you don't want to spoil all his good work
Unread 10-22-2002, 02:30 PM

Hi girls, well I got to work yesterday only to find out that the temp that was filling in fried my hard drive on my computer there, so i wasn't even able to check in with my "sisters" for support my first day back

I only worked until 11:30 and my boss said "if you've had enough just go" sitting at my desk was really bothering the right end of my incision making it pinch.....weird it never did that at home...so I thought it was my undies digging in so I went and looked for some ladies boxers and they were all teeny weeny and $20, so I went to the men's dept and bought some there for $3.47, just tshirt boxers and thought that would do the trick but as soon as I sat at my desk today within an hour or two "ping" there was that stupid pain........can't figure it out and it goes away after I"m home for abit......any ideas?

I left today at 12:00 which I think I will do for the rest of the week cause i sure get tired......and do hope this right end incision pain goes away soon, just healing pain right girls????? ( )

hopefully my computer will be back tomorrow at work.....so no one has heard of these "matured adhesions" ? I wonder if he's shooting me a line? Who cares as long as the pain stays away right???

PS my bladder is still feeling like it has an infection but only by about this time everyday......then I take the ditropin XL and it goes away.....have they permanently done something to my bladder I wonder? I"m going to go back to my GP this week and ask what the latest sample said and finally (although I'm scared) have a look at that operative report and see what he thinks about this matured adhesion thing........oh and because of my IC I can't have cranberry or any acidic juices (I can't remember who asked but that's why)

's!!
Unread 10-22-2002, 03:11 PM

Gidge,
Perhaps it's an ergonomics thing. Ie: the chair you sit in at work. Is there another chair you could try? Perhaps also a stool for your feet under your desk. I have a little stool under my desk and when I get uncomfortable (which happens alot these days) I recline back and put my feet up on the stool. It takes the pressure off my abdomen a bit. Maybe you could also bring a small pillow with you. I find that a small pillow on my abdomen while reclining helps a little. My hystersister pillow has taken up permanent residence on my computer chair at home.

I don't know too much about the bladder issues, I've only just started to go down that road and as you know my first visit with the urogyn was a bust so I haven't pursued that any further. Yet.

I'm happy that your work is being so nice and cooperative. They must have missed you while you were off.

Unread 10-23-2002, 02:54 AM

Gidge,
Glad your surgery is behind you! Onward and upward now! Try not to worry about all the aches & pains. You of anyone should know it takes up to year to feel completely well. Put your energy into getting well. Rest-assurred your GS got all the troublesome adhesions, that your incisional pain is, like Kim said, the way you sit at your desk, and that your bladder will feel better in no time. Bladders are very tempermental organs!!! You will get better, you won't have anymore surgeries and you'll be off the road very soon. You are so young and you have so much healthy living ahead of you. Believe it!
MB5
TAH 8-16-00
Vaginal cuff repair & adhesion removal 8-29-01
Unread 10-23-2002, 04:08 AM

Hi Gidge!
Keep up the good work--you sound pretty good overall, still healing...
Kim has a great idea about the foot stool--
I work at home, but on the computer all day, I don't have a stool but put three bed pillows under my desk to put my feet up--it does take the pressure off the abdomen.

Hugs to all
Sabrina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register