Well I'm home | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well I'm home Well I'm home

Unread 10-22-2002, 07:34 PM
Well I'm home

I went in on the 8th of October came home on that saturday. I kept my ovaries told the dr. if there is no medical reason to take them i am keeping them. had a total abdominal hysterectomy and surrounding tissue. Still have a catheter in Yuch. Had my 25 staples out on the 18th. Don't feel that bad except am exhausted. The lymph node came back with nothing there thank god. So far so good. am trying to move around but not over due am supposed to go for post op on halloween. hope to get catheter out. hate that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Well I'm home

So glad that you are home and especially that your path reports came back clear!!! Yeah!!! That is really great and I know that you must be relieved!! Now you can just rest and take it easy! I remember all too well having the cath., but it does help out in getting some rest!!! Hope your recovery is smooth!!!! Take care!!
Rhonda
Unread 10-22-2002, 07:54 PM
Well I'm home

's

I'm so glad your path results came back so good! That's wonderful news!

I hope you are resting and healing well. Your energy level should come up as you progress with your recovery. Remember to take it easy, walk when you can and listen to your body, it'll let you know when it needs a rest.

Keep us posted on how you're doing when you can.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Well I'm home

Welcome back. Congratulations on the path results!
Unread 10-23-2002, 07:32 AM
Great Path Results!

I know those caths are a bother, but on the other hand...no getting up in the middle of the night. Hopefully it comes out at your next appointment. Let yourself be pampered like a princess!
Unread 10-23-2002, 08:57 AM
Well I'm home

s

Congrats on the clean lymph node. Here's hoping that cathetar is soon removed. Continue your smooth recovery and keep in touch.

karenann
Unread 10-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Well I'm home

Cindy,
great news, glad everything came back neg. What type of catheter do you have? I had a surpa pubic, they just removed it on monday. I had it in for 3 weeks, boy was I glad when it came out. Just take it easy, walk, drink water and rest, rest, rest.
Andrea
Unread 10-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Well I'm home

The same kind of catheter hopefully will come out on Thursday.Didn't have a bag to carry with thank the lord. Just a cup to measure how much is actual how much is residual. Major pain. OH well could be worse could have to be taking chemo thankfully not. got my xmas present early. take care. did the catheter coming out hurt. I am a weenie.
Unread 10-27-2002, 02:32 PM
Well I'm home

Wonderful about the path reports. Wishing you a great recovery!

Unread 10-28-2002, 10:14 AM
Well I'm home

Cindy,
no it did not hurt when he removed the catheter. It went so fast I hardly had time to grip the exam table. I expected the worst. The way it felt was like when I cleaned around the incision after I took a shower. I did take a painkiller before we left home, I wasn't sure about the 1 hr ride to Louisville on I65. You know how bumpy the road is. But all went well and it was over in less than 1 min. After he removed the cath he removed the tape and the suture's. Then he scheduled a 3 week follow up.
He did say the bladder could go back into shock and if this happens need to call and they will put in another cath. He also said to "pee" every 2 hrs even if you do not feel you have to go.
Hope this helps you, it will not be as bad as you think it will be. It is just the unknown. Let me know how it went.
Take care, Andrea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register