Wonder if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wonder if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help Wonder if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help

Unread 06-13-2018, 02:34 PM
Question - Wonder if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help Wonder if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help

I'm 52, had a TVH kept ovaries 17 years ago. Hormonally, I am now going through menopause, but am not experiencing hot flashes and sweats. I'm experiencing nausea, shakiness, and a feeling of icy hot skin that leads to anxiety and I had one really bad panic attack that landed me in the ER. I've also been prone to crying bouts. Medically, everything has checked out fine so I'm wondering if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help me fell like a stable human being again. I am paralyzed by all of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Re: Wonder if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help

What does your doctor think about your symptoms? They could be menopause and if they are then hormones could definitely help. Also have your thyroid panel checked-all the numbers not just the TSH.
Unread 06-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Re: Wonder if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help

One of my friends told me that when she was a senior in high school she would call her older sisters and tell them to come home because mom was going crazy!!! Turns out it was just menopause.

Not that it's funny to feel like you're going crazy, but laughter helps. I went through a really rough patch a couple of years ago, not exactly the same, but I was a bit whacked out with way too much estrogen and not enough progesterone. For me, I used progesterone cream which kept me more balanced. It's definitely worth a trip to a good doctor who is familiar with natural HRT and how to use it.

Be kind to yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2018, 01:36 PM
Wonder if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help

I had all those symptoms prior to my TAH, removed both ovaries.
I have hot flashes, but panic attacks and shaking along with the heavy bleeding...I dont miss at all. Its been 2 and half months since, and I cant seem to remember now the last harmonal attack as I called it. Blessings, and have to say prayer always helped me through those hard days.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by andydenise View Post
I'm 52, had a TVH kept ovaries 17 years ago. Hormonally, I am now going through menopause, but am not experiencing hot flashes and sweats. I'm experiencing nausea, shakiness, and a feeling of icy hot skin that leads to anxiety and I had one really bad panic attack that landed me in the ER. I've also been prone to crying bouts. Medically, everything has checked out fine so I'm wondering if this is all menopausal and if HRT will help me fell like a stable human being again. I am paralyzed by all of this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register